Gibson Pickups

Ha - all aboard the Troll Train!

Anyway, slightly back on topic (apologies) - does anyone have any experience/opinion of the SD Slash signature pickups? I'm liking the zebra style and have been a fan since I was a kid. How would they compare to a standard LP setup or a Burstbucker setup like Greg's?

Thanks!

Wow, That's some nice googlin' there.
Pete, I've got to hand it to you. You can rev up a search engine as well as anyone I've ever run across.

Does Seymore have any graphs?

Google is a useful tool, however, this information I had learned a long time ago before Google even existed. Basic Electronics theory.

VP

Actually the physics of how pickups work is a bit more than "Basic Electronics Theory". The waveform of a vibrating string is very complex mathematically. Inductive reactance, Capacitive Reactance and the actual DC resistance have to be plotted in Polar Cooordinates to calculate the "Resonant Frequency". Electrical impedance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electrical resonance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VP

You see, this is what I object to with VP. It's just irrelevant verbal diarrhoea used as either a smokescreen, or an attempt to blind the casual reader with technical jargon so as to appear somehow knowledgeable. Cut it out VP, PLEASE.

You see, this is what I object to with VP. It's just irrelevant verbal diarrhoea used as either a smokescreen, or an attempt to blind the casual reader with technical jargon so as to appear somehow knowledgeable. Cut it out VP, PLEASE.

So when someone critisizes my posting the Gibson graph because it has no electrical specifications and then I post electrical information about pickups I get more criticism? I do understand these principles, please do not make claims about my electrical knowlegde, you have no idea whatsoever about my technical expertise and experience.

VP

VP = verbal diarrhea

VP's got VD!

What about my question: -

Anyway, slightly back on topic (apologies) - does anyone have any experience/opinion of the SD Slash signature pickups? I'm liking the zebra style and have been a fan since I was a kid. How would they compare to a standard LP setup or a Burstbucker setup like Greg's?

It got lost among the troll-dung.

So when someone critisizes my posting the Gibson graph because it has no electrical specifications and then I post electrical information about pickups I get more criticism? I do understand these principles, please do not make claims about my electrical knowlegde, you have no idea whatsoever about my technical expertise and experience.

VP

I do, you are full of crap.

Yesterday proved you can't tell the difference between an ABR bridge and a Nashville.

and lol @ measuring saddles on a bridge that probably hasn't been intonated.

What you gonna do now? post a link explaining the difference then tell us you knew all about this before they were invented?

I do, you are full of crap.

Yesterday proved you can't tell the difference between an ABR bridge and a Nashville.

and lol @ measuring saddles on a bridge that probably hasn't been intonated.

What you gonna do now? post a link explaining the difference then tell us you knew all about this before they were invented?

Of course I know the difference between the 2 bridges, The bridges were very accurately intonated, with a Peterson VSAM. Why do you keep making up these false accusations?

Your statement: "Yesterday proved you can't tell the difference between an ABR bridge and a Nashville." Where is your "so called" proof?

VP

Of course I know the difference between the 2 bridges, The bridges were very accurately intonated, with a Peterson VSAM. Why do you keep making up these false accusations?

VP

So now you are saying Gibson bore the holes differently for Nashville posts than they do for ABR's?

VP

I meant to give you a red for this bullshit, as it is you've benefited from me being a spazmo by giving you a green by mistake. :facepalm:

:laughings:

Here are some photos of my bridges: the bridge on the Cinnamonburst LP Classic is an ABR-1, the bridge on the Cherry LP Standard is Nashville. The bridge on the 335 is Nashville, it is also further away than the 2 LPs. The bridge on the Floyd Rose Strat is extremely far away from the pickup, very Bassy and loud.
I hope these pictures come out.
VP

Attachments

• Bridges 001.JPG
    Bridges 001.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Bridges 004.JPG
    Bridges 004.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Bridges 006.JPG
    Bridges 006.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Bridges 008.JPG
    Bridges 008.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 19
Ha - all aboard the Troll Train!

Thanks!

The Slash p/u isn't gonna be much, if any, different than a Burstbucker 3. They're both "vintage" style medium output pickups with a little bite. They can both be had in zebra fashion.

Here are some photos of my bridges: the bridge on the Cinnamonburst LP Classic is an ABR-1, the bridge on the Cherry LP Standard is Nashville. The bridge on the 335 is Nashville, it is also further away than the 2 LPs. The bridge on the Floyd Rose Start is extremely far away from the pickup, very Bassy and loud.
I hope these pictures come out.
VP

Here come the troll pics. :facepalm:

So now you are saying Gibson bore the holes differently for Nashville posts than they do for ABR's?

I made no such comment, please paraphrase me accurately. It appears the pickups are mounted in different locations. The posts need to be in the same place for accurate intonation.

VP

Back