Gibson Pickups

Are those pics of the LP chambering real? Who would do that? Who would even want that? The weight is one of the main things about Les Pauls that I like! :confused:

and the weight is one of the main things that drives older players away from them.

I played a chanbered Les Paul last year some time and it was almost like a different guitar.
It really felt completely different ..... not worse but different.
So if you like the traditional weight of a paul don't get a chambered ...... it's so different you'll feel like you still don't have a paul.

Wtf are you saying now? which saddles?

Are you saying two different guitars with different bridges will have the saddles in the exact same spot when intonated?
they should actually ....... the key thing is the 'speaking length' of the string. For proper intonation, at least in theory, the point of string contact on the saddle should end up the same regardless of the size of the bridge.

Sorry guys ........ gotta jump in and say what I think is the case.
But notice ..... no googly pics ..... just my opinion ....... which is, in this case, correct.
:D

Last edited:
I did not say that in that quote, why do you misrepresent my comments? But as I think about your "Allegation". I will say this. 2 guitars with the same scale length, same frets, same strings of same age, same neck relief, same string height, same breakover angles at nut and saddle, same tuning and temperature would have the same string lengths to their properly intonated saddles.

VP

they should actually ....... the key thing is the 'speaking length' of the string. For proper intonation, at least in theory, the point of string contact on the saddle should end up the same regardless of the size of the bridge.

Sorry guys ........ gott ajump in and say what I think is the case.
But notice ..... no googly pics ..... just my opinion ....... which is, in this case, correct.

I think you left out some other considerations.

VP

PS: Look ma, no Google!

Lol, yea cos everyone sets their guitars up with the exact same action.

Get a hold of yourself, silly old fart. :D

Let me correct you again, I learned the "Electronics Theory" which explains pickup operation and principles.

VP

"comparartive"?
mispell on the keyboard ...... happens to you too. You might notice I don't get all up in your grill about mispellings so calm down.

If I see stuff you post that I feel is inaccurate I'll say so which I have every right to do.

And if I think you don't actually have knowledge of something and are just cutting and pasting stuff you find on the 'net I will also say so which I have every right to do.

You might notice however ....... that I try to refrain from calling you names or attacking you personally or objecting to everything you say and will even jump in and say so in the ocassional times when I feel you're correct.

So relax ........ I'm strictly a commentator on the factual areas we disagree on and not after you personally ...... as you've said, I don't know you.

But IMO you ought to stop claiming expertise on every subject there is ....... you would seem more credible.

The two guitars would have to have the same scale length though, wouldn't they?

Lol, yea cos everyone sets their guitars up with the exact same action.

Get a hold of yourself, silly old fart. :D
well ..... the action setup isn't gonna have much effect on saddle postion. A little bit because a high action tends to make strings go sharp when you depress them a farther distance to the fretboard but we're talking about very small differences in saddle postion IMO.

And I have hold of myself ....... right this very second!
And I'm a smelly old fart!
:D:D

The two guitars would have to have the same scale length though, wouldn't they?
yes ........ but didn't VP say that?

I don't want to be seen as the defender of VP ...... I've been critical of him before but personally I'd like to keep critisism of his ideas accurate.

A little bit because a high action tends to make strings go sharp when you depress them a farther distance to the fretboard but we're talking about very small differences in saddle postion IMO.

And I have hold of myself ....... right this very second!
And I'm a smelly old fart!
:D:D

Least you admit it when you are wrong. :D

mispell on the keyboard ...... happens to you too. You might notice I don't get all up in your grill about mispellings so calm down.

If I see stuff you post that I feel is inaccurate I'll say so which I have every right to do.

And if I think you don't actually have knowledge of something and are just cutting and pasting stuff you find on the 'net I will also say so which I have every right to do.

You might notice however ....... that I try to refrain from calling you names or attacking you personally or objecting to everything you say and will even jump in and say so in the ocassional times when I feel you're correct.

So relax ........ I'm strictly a commentator on the factual areas we disagree on and not after you personally ...... as you've said, I don't know you.

But IMO you ought to stop claiming expertise on every subject there is ....... you would seem more credible.

Post a quote were I claim to be an "Expert". You are in fact nothing like some others, even though you can be quite insulting. Fair enough with the "Spelling Slap", I am a terrible typist and have to constantly edit myelf.

VP

Back