Gibson Pickups

Yea, in them pics is one a nashville and the other an ABR bridge dude?

I have both kinds on my LP's. It doesnt matter because it is the saddle itself that is the determining length. Also intonation is a factor, you really need the same kind and size strings properly intonated.

VP

That was a revelation to you? My earliest recollection of anything related to that was playing with an old Gibson archtop when I was about seven years old. I thought it was cool that the strings sounded different if you picked them near the bridge or up on the neck. I didn't know the physics but I knew the sounds. Playing electrics later in life that sort of thing was assumed - a no-brainer.

Anyway - you do realize your statement about R9s was a load of horseshit, right? The pups are not deliberately positioned farther from the bridge than on other LPs. Some of 'em just come out that way.

I never said they were "deliberately" positioned. Please try to be accurate.

VP

Oh I knew all about picking techniques and different sounds when I was a 'Wee One" the pickup spacing and output ratio occured to me when I was about 20. Sorry I wasnt a "Quick Learner" like you.

VP

I have both kinds on my LP's. It doesnt matter because it is the saddle itself that is the determining length. Also intonation is a factor, you really need the same kind and size strings properly intonated.

VP

Wtf are you babbling about?

In one pic the LP has an ABR bridge, right?

In the other a Nashville, right?

The Nashville is a wee bit chunkier than an ABR, no?

I've got an ABR on my R4 and it's as close as any Nashville.

We are not comparing ABR-1 and Nashville Bridges, nor am I comparing R4's, having never had one on my bench. I am comparing R9 to LP Classic and Standard.
Just go look at the pictures it is quite noticable.
VP

This thread should probably have been closed long ago. But like looking at a bad wreck on the highway, I can't seem to not watch the carnage..

Carry on. :)

Wtf are you babbling about?

In one pic the LP has an ABR bridge, right?

In the other a Nashville, right?

The Nashville is a wee bit chunkier than an ABR, no?

Regardless of the differences between the 2 styles of bridges, it is the distance to the saddle I am talking about. I measured with my digital calipers. It was almost a 1/4".

This thread should probably have been closed long ago. But like looking at a bad wreck on the highway, I can't seem to not watch the carnage..

Carry on. :)
It is all rather silly isn't it? I hope it's obvious to anyone wandering in for guitar info that VP is not gonna be yer go to guy.

Yes I do "Get It". Do you think the majority of guitar players would prefer if the output was expressed in "RMS Millivolts" @ 1KHz referenced to a specific input impedance? Should they factor in the equation 2xPixFxL=Z for "Inductive Reactance"?

VP
Wow, That's some nice googlin' there.
Pete, I've got to hand it to you. You can rev up a search engine as well as anyone I've ever run across.

Does Seymore have any graphs?

Back