Gerry Rafferty wonderful vocal production

Oh well, that’s all answered then. We can all part company as friends :)
So yes I made a mistake, the engineer did not have 4 tracks to play with per se. The left and right doubled tracks had to be in sync... but they could be processed/compressed/expanded/EQd individually at the pre mix and production stage, but then . But each individua

So yes I made a mistake, the engineer did not have 4 tracks to play with per se. The left and right doubled tracks had to be in sync... but they could be processed/compressed/expanded/EQd individually at the pre mix and production stage, but then . But each individua
Useless phone, each of the 4 tracks could be treated and processed independantly. But the doubling of either side had to be synced and pre produced first. I dont think that would have been a problem. Just treat either side of the stereo pair mix in the same way as you would treat mono doubling. Hope this makes sense

We dont need to part buddy, just getting started! 🥰👍Not trying to be a know all, just my humble opinions and hoping to get some good tech advice from you guys here.
As I said, I am a musician first and producer second and hopeless with tech stuff!
Kind Regards Cyber thanks 😅👍👍🥰
Okay, all fine.

I was an engineer in the 70s and never encountered the methods you described and no other engineers whom I knew or worked with ever mentioned them. But we learn something everyday (well I do!).

ATB.

Okay, all fine.

I was an engineer in the 70s and never encountered the methods you described and no other engineers whom I knew or worked with ever mentioned them. But we learn something everyday (well I do!).

ATB.
It was just something I picked up from an engineer guy in the 90's at music production college in Newcastle. I am sure the stereo technique goes back a long way but might have been set up different way, putting the mikes a few feet apart etc. But he told me that the "crossed pair" gave a better sound and overall dynamic😉👍

It was just something I picked up from an engineer guy in the 90's at music production college in Newcastle. I am sure the stereo technique goes back a long way but might have been set up different way, putting the mikes a few feet apart etc. But he told me that the "crossed pair" gave a better sound and overall
I don’t dispute this. Good luck with whatever you’re doing :)

Back