Fret boards

marshall.amps said:
Money does not educate! And those martin guitars, "before they started useing adjustable rods" are old! duh! dumbass thats why they need to be straightened.

Hey, idiot; old Gibsons have the same problems, and if I can fix it with just a truss rod adjustment (as I frequently can), I don't even bother to charge for it. On those old Martins, that free repair becomes a $375-500 repair (more for bar frets, what a nightmare those things are). And new guitars are MORE problematic for neck moves, not less.

As I have said, truss rods are a functional nesscesity if you want your guitar to be a player.

And I never said money bought education, I said that education comes at a cost. It could be in time spent making mistakes, it could be spent learning as an aprentice, or it could come from picking up a book and reading. Knowledge comes in many ways, but the internet has a extrodenarily high ratio of bullshit to fact. The internet is a very bad place to get information.

Which is to say, buy a book.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Any body know were i can buy a 1/4" square steel rod thats possibly hollowed out?
Yep. But it won't be any good as a fixed rod. You need something at least 3/8ths or 10mm 5/16ths even better.

I'm happy to share info that you may find hard to get unless you buy that book. But the answer to this question is in yellow pages and at the end of the phone.

ill ejumakate you for cheep.

knowe buks foor mi klas rume, we just steele wutevre we nead.

try the library dude. they have all sorts of books you would never have thought the had.. my dad gets forklift resource books all the time, who the hell would think they have those!

Did Marshall amps call light a "dumbass"? Wow, now I have seen it all. The guy "light" has bent over backwards giving you valuable advice and you call him a dumbass. I hope you realize that taking the time to answer your questions he is doing it gratis and typing when he could be doing what he obviously loves...lutheiry (did I misspell that?) You owe him a sincere apology. Lame.

Thurgood said:
Did Marshall amps call light a "dumbass"? Wow, now I have seen it all. The guy "light" has bent over backwards giving you valuable advice and you call him a dumbass. I hope you realize that taking the time to answer your questions he is doing it gratis and typing when he could be doing what he obviously loves...lutheiry (did I misspell that?) You owe him a sincere apology. Lame.

Yeah, he certainly did call him that, and if marshall.amps doesn't get his head out of his butt and apologize he won't have anyone to ask endless questions. We will all have him on ignore!!!! :mad:

Thurgood said:

Whatever, I don't really care. I wasn't answering it for him, but for anyone else interested.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

marshall.amps said:
I meant to but a book.

Then go to the fucking library. They had books on guitar building in my high school library, so you can count on them being avalible in just about any public library. More to the point, it is a bullshit excuse. If you had the money to buy the wood you are using, you have the money to buy the book. The book will be FAR more valuable in the long run.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

marshall.amps said:
This thread is done no more posting i quit this one and im goning to get books from the library.

Good for you. You'll learn as much or more that way.

Light

M.K. Gandhi

Guys i read this in accounting class....and i found the thread EXHAUSTING :) But Muttley and Light, kudos guys, you really know your stuff, so thanks. If my D 15 needs tweaking, you're getting a call.

Back