Free Mastering prog. for Mac?for after mix down

alecmcmahon

i recently switched over from mac to pc, using protools 7.0 with the digi 002r

i had used to used soundforge to play around with the final file of the bounced track, but now im on mac and i havent any programs to use besides protools

i guess what im looking for is a program to play around with it, add a little compression to the final file, cut out sections, etc. etc.

anybody know of anything i could use for mac os x??

Well, if you are basically looking for the Mac equivilent to SoundForge, you should probably look at BIAS Peak. The BIAS Homepage

However, why not just keep it in ProTools? Once you've bounced your mixes down to a stereo file(s), create a new session with a stereo audio track and import your bounced song file. Then you can edit, compress, EQ, or whatever else you want to do using ProTools and your plugins (or even better, with some outboard gear). Really no need to purchase another piece of software do do what you can already do!

It's not free, but a far less expensive audio editor/burner program is DSP Quattro. It's also very good, and has the complete workflow in the one program, ie. editing and then playlist editing, and then burning.

Which version of Mac OSX are you using? If you are in 10.4 there is at least one freeware burning program.

Look for freeware/shareware here:

www.versiontracker.com

Back