FP10 vs Firestudio Project

xb2003

I'm trying to get an 8 channel interface for recording drums. I bought a Firestudio Project used from Guitar Center and the idiots sent me a faulty product. But I bought it and I didn't realize that it was not compatible with Audiobox's VSL program, so I was a little disappointed. Anyways Guitar Center took it back(and stuck me with $30 in shipping..), but of course now I'm in the market for another interface.

Anyways, the FP10s average around $180 used, and I've seen them go for $150 used, vs the Firestudio that goes for around $225. Is there any difference besides the fact that one has the nicer LEDs and Phantom Power for 2 channel groups instead of 4? If I bought an FP10 now, and a Firestudio later, could I still chain them together?

Jesse

Other than what you mentioned, the FP10 has direct monitoring.
It also has cue outputs, which I presume allow to you send out a different mix for whatever purpose.

I used to own a firepod (now fp10). FP10 just dumps the audio directly through (mix knob mixes direct signal and computer signal) while the project has DSP monitoring. I don't see the need so other than that I would just go firepod personally.

I actually am not sure if you can daisy chain them or not. I know 3 fp10s can be, but I don't know if you can mix and match.

I used to own a firepod (now fp10). FP10 just dumps the audio directly through (mix knob mixes direct signal and computer signal) while the project has DSP monitoring. I don't see the need so other than that I would just go firepod personally.

I actually am not sure if you can daisy chain them or not. I know 3 fp10s can be, but I don't know if you can mix and match.

Wait the firestudio or the FP10 has the monitoring? Just so we are on the same page, the FP10 is the older model correct?

Im just confused because you talked like there was no advantage to the Firestudio, then recommended it.

Presonus firepod and Presonus FP10 are, as I understand it, identical.
The Presonus firestudio project seems to be the current version of that model, but it has slight differences.

The firepod/fp10 have a direct monitoring blend knob on the front panel.
That blends between audio coming from the daw and audio coming into the interface.

This is useful if you're recording a new track. Mute that track in your daw and use the balance knob to find a balance between you mix, and your incoming, zero latency, signal.

Note: Just cos the project doesn't have a blend knob doesn't necessarily mean there's no direct monitoring.
My motu has it, but it's software controlled.

Hi guys Totally non related inquiry but this is my first post - I have the Presous Firepod and from Main Out L/R Speaker jacks I've plugged into my Truth Behringer Monitors, I've been doing recording projects & had this setup for 2 years very effective but can I run a 2nd set of active speakers with seperate volume control from the Behringer monitors or maybe the Firepod? If yes how do I route them etc the outputs are Cue Mix Lineout and Main Output
I just want to have 2 sets of reference monitors in 2 different positions in my little studio for varied bass & mid response Playback

Your best bet is just to try your existing monitors in the available outputs and see what's what.
I know that's kinda vague, but my memory is pretty hazy.

Back