Focusrite 2i4 pot cleaning

Vigo

Heya so i got one of the pots starting to give me some noisy crunching when i turn it on my 2i4. I had it for maybe 2 years so i think it might be time for a potentionmeter cleanup. Can i safely just push out the button to start the cleaning or its better to open the whole thing on focusrite interfaces?

I could just open the whole thing but if someone says i can safely pull the buttons then that'll save some time.

Alright cheerszzxzxzxzx

Not sure what you mean by pull the buttons. If you mean remove the caps off the potentiometers, then all you see are mounting hardware. You won't actually get access to the pot. I think you have to open it up. Use some compressed air.

Right...and even when you go inside, if the pot is completely sealed...not much you can do.
Most only have a tiny hole along the edge/side...and then you can try the compressed air in there...or you may have to put a drop or two of some cleaner and work the pot.

I would fist just vigorously work the pot from full off to full on a bunch of times and see if that clears up the noise.

Thanks guys, yeah i got some contact cleaner that i'll use on the pots, i already worked them pretty intensely and it gets rid of the noise for maybe an hour then when i touch it again it will crunch again.

Not really sure air is enough, if its accumulated rust or sediments then its really a job for a contact cleaner air won't be enough.

Thanks again

Back