Flutes .... Whistles .... Uilleann Pipes ... Even A Violin/Fiddle

Orson

A long shot but does anyone play the above instruments well on Home Recordings?

Interested in old Irish traditional music. Not fiddlydee stuff.

Cheers

I gave up on the fiddle about 10 years ago but have recorded our son a bit. The flute whistle topic has come up here before. I think having a good enough space to allow some distance from the instrument helps, along with micing to take advantage of where the sound is actually coming from. SDC is what I use with the violin.

Oops - Never mind!

Last edited:
Sorry Keith I gave the wrong impression. I want somebody who plays such. I may want them to do some music for me if all ok.

A long shot but does anyone play the above instruments well on Home Recordings?

Interested in old Irish traditional music. Not fiddlydee stuff.

Cheers
Old Irish traditional is often referred to as fiddlydee. So maybe you can give an example of what you have in mind. Jigs and reeels, or something else?

I may be able to call on a whistle player.

Slow stuff Gecko. Single instrument oldies tracks like ..... 'she moved through the fair'............. slow haunting stuff ............ definitely not any fiddly dee.

Slow stuff Gecko. Single instrument oldies tracks like ..... 'she moved through the fair'............. slow haunting stuff ............ definitely not any fiddly dee.
Rightio.

I can ask the whistle player if she would be o to do it. Do you have a melody line or something to play along to?

Gecko I need to send you a PM but cant find out how to do it since the board has changed.

Hover over Gecko's name and click 'Start Conversation'.
Alternatively click the PM (mail) icon at the top right and 'Start a conversation' then carry on from there.

Back