Flesh and Blood

Yeah, my kick is super thumpin still. I think it's in the 60hz range. I pulled it down just a little and the mix fell right into place.

Freakin awesome song. yeah, love that guitar solo, very creative. I've never heard of a song called Flesh and Blood... could it be no one used that title before??

and again, why aren't you famous??? :D

Great mix joeym, great mix sir. I've only heard it so far on my laptop but plan on giving a listen through the monitors soon. Anybody ever tell you that you sound like the singer from Iced Earth? Not sure if you know who that is??? Great job man!

Yeah, my kick is super thumpin still. I think it's in the 60hz range. I pulled it down just a little and the mix fell right into place.

Freakin awesome song. yeah, love that guitar solo, very creative. I've never heard of a song called Flesh and Blood... could it be no one used that title before??

and again, why aren't you famous??? :D

Yep, thanx for showing me where it's hurting, Dave. I'll check that frequency range out.
I don't think I've ever seen that title before, but then what's in a title......:p
The answer to your question is simple: nobody wants to sign me......:D

Great mix joeym, great mix sir. I've only heard it so far on my laptop but plan on giving a listen through the monitors soon. Anybody ever tell you that you sound like the singer from Iced Earth? Not sure if you know who that is??? Great job man!

Thanx for the comments, Tom!
Never heard of Iced Earth, I'll check them out, thanx.:)

It's still pretty heavy duty in the low end. My floor toms are ringing! It does seem to be better though and my ears are pretty fried from tracking and mixing all day, so I probably should check again tomorrow.

Wooops....sorry bud!
Errm, speaking of toms, wasn't there a little birdie once.....?:D

Definitely did NOT lose any punch. This is a frikkin awesome mix. Good adjustments. PERFECT. Love it. This mix is taylor-made for my monitors. Thanks dude!!!! :D

Same tools, Gerry, just different settings and EQ. This is very near to the guitar sound I'm going for, kind of British like Jimmy said. As usual, Steve plays solos with a real feel. Thanx for the comments!

Whatever it is I like it!

I arrived and listened to what is evidently mix 3, Joe ... and frankly, if it were me, I still come down a hair on the kick -- but it's not me, and the mix is perfect w/o my two cents about what I'd do.

Great vocals, bud. Top shelf performances.

This is a lot better. Everything seems better defined and the bass isn't turning my brain to jelly in my headphones:listeningmusic:. I like, I like.

I downloaded it and played it in my van. I still hear some buildup in the low end of the bass guitar that could use taming. Kick sounds controlled now, but stepped on a bit by the bass. My van stereo is very good at telling me when my low end has an issue. Around 60hz is still ringing a bit to me. My sub in the van is very telling.

On another note, I realized today what your voice reminds me of at times. One of my favorite bands singers from my youth. John Gallagher from Raven. That is a compliment by the way. :D

Definitely did NOT lose any punch. This is a frikkin awesome mix. Good adjustments. PERFECT. Love it. This mix is taylor-made for my monitors. Thanks dude!!!! :D

That's nice to know....I can't afford to pay for new monitors!:D

I arrived and listened to what is evidently mix 3, Joe ... and frankly, if it were me, I still come down a hair on the kick -- but it's not me, and the mix is perfect w/o my two cents about what I'd do.

Great vocals, bud. Top shelf performances.

Thanx, Kev! Appreciate your comment!

I downloaded it and played it in my van. I still hear some buildup in the low end of the bass guitar that could use taming. Kick sounds controlled now, but stepped on a bit by the bass. My van stereo is very good at telling me when my low end has an issue. Around 60hz is still ringing a bit to me. My sub in the van is very telling.

On another note, I realized today what your voice reminds me of at times. One of my favorite bands singers from my youth. John Gallagher from Raven. That is a compliment by the way. :D

Jimmy, the man with the van....I know, I know, corny rhyme....!:rolleyes::D
I'll check that bass again. Raven, another band I've never heard of and shall be looking up......
Thanx for taking the time!:)

Back