Five hunderd bucks for this???

Need longer samples.

I don't like how the drums are mixed. The kick is way out and the rest of the kit is buried in the mix.

The work on the vox is awful, they dont sit at all. The rest of it seems at a consistent enough level. But the vocals are bad.

This recording is proffesionally done. The band isn't very proffesional though. I'm sure they had set up the drum and guitar sound before recording so its their fault if they don't like it now. The mix is perfectly fine to me.

myhatbroke said:
This recording is proffesionally done. The band isn't very proffesional though. I'm sure they had set up the drum and guitar sound before recording so its their fault if they don't like it now. The mix is perfectly fine to me.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What the hell are you talking about.

Did you ever hear of multi-track recording.

myhatbroke said:

Far from it im afraid. Theres alot of things in there that the engineer/producer could be doing. I dont like the band either but ultimately its the job of the studio to put something out of quality

(this is "Dying Serenity" by the way, i just change login names)

yeah they told me they recorded the guitars and bass through a Pod and the drums they used Drumagog on some parts.and as for vocals i guess the singer was sick at the time.

StudioMxpx said:
(this is "Dying Serenity" by the way, i just change login names)

yeah they told me they recorded the guitars and bass through a Pod and the drums they used Drumagog on some parts.and as for vocals i guess the singer was sick at the time.

I thought you were one and the same. The singer may not be the greatest on that day but the vocals dont sit in the mix at all. And thats the Job of the Guys doing it. The only thing that makes this professional is the fact that they are charging for it. I could make that infinetly better in my bedroom with one mic and a tape recorder...well maybe not..but this is shit. I would like to hear the full files.

dying serenity is my brother acount lol

but yeah i told them they got ripped and they are pretty pissed about it..you should hear the acoustic song they did with them..it sounded awful!!! maybe ill put it on here for you guys to hear..by the way this was recored at Love Juice studios in Riverside California.

StudioMxpx said:
recored at Love Juice studios in Riverside California.

Love Juice where i come from is also know as Sex piss, Spunk, Wank matter, Cum, Cock Cheese, Jizz. Basically what these guys have done is pull one off up your mates backs.

I actually think it's pretty good, but the rest of the drums are buried in the mix, and I truly think that the band needs more work, than the engineer learning to engineer.

thegatekeeper said:
I actually think it's pretty good, but the rest of the drums are buried in the mix, and I truly think that the band needs more work, than the engineer learning to engineer.

would you put your name to this? I believe the band certainly need more work, they probably are not ready to record. There are fundamental problems with these clips though.

thegatekeeper said:
I comepletly agree

Back