"First Tracks", relief from the heat

GONZO-X

a tune about skiing deep powder
1st song i tracked with my (at the time) new USACG strat build;
so, the title is a double ent...
strat-on-cab.jpg

Just... awesome. I keep thinking back to the days of late night FM where you could trip on music like this all the time. Thank you!8-)

Just... awesome. I keep thinking back to the days of late night FM where you could trip on music like this all the time. Thank you!8-)
thanks so much spantini!
yep, late night FM, i remember it well...
if you had a really good DJ (which we did in jacksonville florida, where i grew up), you would get the most eclectic mix of bands and songs... really, the stuff i was actually buying, and listening at home....

so, yea, most of the tunes i write (5 full length albums now!) has that kind of vibe to it...
just branching out, experimenting, but with that classic rock and prog and alternate thing i grew up with,
listening to late night FM!!!
heheh

Sounds fab. Like Satriani jamming with the Chillis. I'm a sucker for wah. Great vox too. Well done
hey bulls, thanks man, thanks for listening and commenting.
satch and the RHCP's, eh?!
that's a pretty ecletic mix! yep.
yea i'm a sucker for wah, always have been,
it was my first effect i ever owned, and learned how to use it playing along with hendrix tunes off of electric ladyland.
it just kinda became something i was good at. but i try not to overuse it.
it's so easy to do that.

Great playing and singing throughout! Mix-wise, I don't have any real nitpicks. I guess I maybe wanted to hear a little more excitement out of the snare for a song like this. But, that's about it. Nice job!

Back