First mix bad!!

Sounds pretty good to me, now I think others with better ears can take you to the next level, but this is a very good base mix.

Now it is about degrees and how you want it to sound. (Artistic mix)

Same here. I kinda like the way the opening line is performed throughout the song. Reminds me of Zappa.

do you actually care about improving the reality that you're commenting on in your "song"?

how long did it take you, really, to put together this "music" and then cobble that video together? realistically? those hours could've been used to actually do something useful for humanity.

you may be able to kind of play instruments and use recording gear, but you have no talent. you are putting waaaaaaay too much time into these endeavors.

"how do you know how much time i'm putting in?"

any time is too much.

people that listen to your "music" really oughta be more forthright with you. you seem to seriously be interested in the state of the world and your time would best be served engaging issues instead of churning out this very sad unlistenable tripe.

i'm not trying to be mean, either. just shootin' it straight. 💯
You sir, have no clue who you are talking too. You have no clue what I have or have not done. Let he who is without.. you know the saying. Now, you need to learn some manners. If you don't like it, abstain, simple. How long did it take you to cobb together such a silly post. You could have used that time to better mankind. Now, let me hear what you have to show thank you.

Last edited:
do you actually care about improving the reality that you're commenting on in your "song"?

how long did it take you, really, to put together this "music" and then cobble that video together? realistically? those hours could've been used to actually do something useful for humanity.

you may be able to kind of play instruments and use recording gear, but you have no talent. you are putting waaaaaaay too much time into these endeavors.

"how do you know how much time i'm putting in?"

any time is too much.

people that listen to your "music" really oughta be more forthright with you. you seem to seriously be interested in the state of the world and your time would best be served engaging issues instead of churning out this very sad unlistenable tripe.

i'm not trying to be mean, either. just shootin' it straight. 💯
Wow dude, cool off. @dogooder's music may only appeal to a select few but you're really overdoing your commentary on it.
You sir, have no clue who you are talking too. You have no clue what I have or have not done. Let he who is without.. you know the saying. Now, you need to learn some manners. If you don't like it, abstain, simple. How long did it take you to cobb together such a silly post. You could have used that time to better mankind. Now, let me hear what you have to show thank you.
I will say... unless you're only trying to have fun with your song, the vid does seem to be a bit over-the-top, and I (personally) enjoyed the music *by itself* more than the vid *by itself*.

Wow dude, cool off. @dogooder's music may only appeal to a select few but you're really overdoing your commentary on it.

I will say... unless you're only trying to have fun with your song, the vid does seem to be a bit over-the-top, and I (personally) enjoyed the music *by itself* more than the vid *by itself*.
It is what the music is about. I don't know what else to say about that.

^ doodoogoober doth protest too much, methinks 🤣

but seriously... instead of wasting time with your "music"... since you have such clear insight into humanity's katzenjammer and all, you should put your money where your sententious youtuberizing is.

getting triggered so easily and so deeply is obviously a sign of your profound subconscious self-loathing about your stupefying sanctimonious hypocrisy.
You should take your spiel to the UN.

I asked for the thread to be closed. I didn't report anyone or ask for anyone to be admonished.
i reported it as teetering on the edge of absurdity.

I brought the vocals down. I am a gravelly singer, I can't clean up the vocal much more. Did some other tweaking. I think I can work with this for now. Should be last mix posted until after I finish the Video unless anything glaring is pointed out. One thing I didn't mention is when the first line is delivered the words will flash across the video as close as I can get them. One thing I have learned over the years is once you know the lyric, you hear it. The rest of the video is all symbolic of the words being said or the words in image form of one kind or another. It shouldn't be hard to follow?
Thanks again one and all.
First off......I love the song! And thanks for giving us a listen! You have the instrument tracks sounding good IMO.

To be honest.....I don't think your voice being gravelly is the problem with understanding the lyrics. If we just listed to the vocal track solo my guess is that we'd understand it clearly. So....there's alot of competition for the stage position of the vocal and the tones of your vocal. You have it fairly up front and very much in the middle and "thin". A number of other tracks cross over the middle in the same frequency range of your vocal.

Ok.....sorry.......I need to try to make my thoughts more clear....as in useful.

IMO....you could add some mids to your vocal. Keep the highs but add some mids (i.e......body). A bit (not too much) of body will actually make your words more clear. There are a few spots where your vocal fades back a bit. Fixing that will help. Widen out your vocal track......and pan your other tracks a bit wider as well.

Or.........you might try copying your raw vocal track and adding that copy to another track in your mix. Not in the sense of doubling. Add a little mid.....widen it out and keep your current vocal track as is. Salt (eq) to taste until you get what you want. You might be surprised.

As always....just my opinion....and it's pretty much worth about 2 cents.

Mic

First off......I love the song! And thanks for giving us a listen! You have the instrument tracks sounding good IMO.

To be honest.....I don't think your voice being gravelly is the problem with understanding the lyrics. If we just listed to the vocal track solo my guess is that we'd understand it clearly. So....there's alot of competition for the stage position of the vocal and the tones of your vocal. You have it fairly up front and very much in the middle and "thin". A number of other tracks cross over the middle in the same frequency range of your vocal.

Ok.....sorry.......I need to try to make my thoughts more clear....as in useful.

IMO....you could add some mids to your vocal. Keep the highs but add some mids (i.e......body). A bit (not too much) of body will actually make your words more clear. There are a few spots where your vocal fades back a bit. Fixing that will help. Widen out your vocal track......and pan your other tracks a bit wider as well.

Or.........you might try copying your raw vocal track and adding that copy to another track in your mix. Not in the sense of doubling. Add a little mid.....widen it out and keep your current vocal track as is. Salt (eq) to taste until you get what you want. You might be surprised.

As always....just my opinion....and it's pretty much worth about 2 cents.

Mic
As stated earlier, this was a scratch vocal track intended to be replaced at a later date. I wasn't concentrating on staying on the mic. It is what it is now. I did this somewhere between 8 and 12 years ago. I quit playing on stage and haven't sung much over the last several years and i don't know if i would even be able to do the track over again. I appreciate the feedback. I did up the midrange and to my ears it only was worse so I dialed it back down. I had to compress it quite at bit to get it where it is. I don't know if I will ever get back to it. I have others that need to be finished and time is running out.

Riffnsnatch lives on in quotations...Aristotle and many others "live" in even less association with the reality of that which they were than he.
The song's not bad..shades of Zappa but the voice does seem to reach it's limits and go beyond a couple of times.
No probs hearing & understanding the lyrics. dogooder...if you post a song with a scratch vocal that doesn't really "belong" then you either accepts crits for that deficiency or you pony up and retrack. If it was an historical recording of Zappa at some wowfest before the elephants landed then people would have an historical/fan interest I suppose but you've put a mixed & remixed song forward so it has to either wear it's bruises proudly or not be posted.

Riffnsnatch lives on in quotations...Aristotle and many others "live" in even less association with the reality of that which they were than he.
The song's not bad..shades of Zappa but the voice does seem to reach it's limits and go beyond a couple of times.
No probs hearing & understanding the lyrics. dogooder...if you post a song with a scratch vocal that doesn't really "belong" then you either accepts crits for that deficiency or you pony up and retrack. If it was an historical recording of Zappa at some wowfest before the elephants landed then people would have an historical/fan interest I suppose but you've put a mixed & remixed song forward so it has to either wear it's bruises proudly or not be posted.
I am 71, by the time I recorded that I had already lost and octave and it has been downhill ever since. I would rerecord them if I thought I could do better. I am not looking for fame or fortune so it doesn't really matter.

Back