First fully Analog Album out

Thanks man, how is that ISA treating you?

I've never felt so...ISAlated...but seriously it's a really good pre-amp, very clean I like it a lot. :thumbs up:I'm hoping to sell it actually and get the ISA two, which if it had been available when I bought it would've been perfect for my needs.

Great!

Loved it! Great sound.

I wish you could get digital to like that but I never can.

We've got a Tascam MSR 24 and even though it's only 1" tape it still has a sound I can't get with digital.

What amp sims did you use? Just kidding.

Now you just need to release it on vynil.

I've never felt so...ISAlated...but seriously it's a really good pre-amp, very clean I like it a lot. :thumbs up:I'm hoping to sell it actually and get the ISA two, which if it had been available when I bought it would've been perfect for my needs.
:D Yeah I like mine as well, specially the DI, is awesome, great on bass and keys, the mic pre is a bit bright and thin, but it works great on quite a lot of things such as snare and electric guitar.

Loved it! Great sound.

I wish you could get digital to like that but I never can.

We've got a Tascam MSR 24 and even though it's only 1" tape it still has a sound I can't get with digital.

What amp sims did you use? Just kidding.

Now you just need to release it on vynil.

Thanks man, yeah I struggled to obtain similar sounds on daw for years, but there's no chance against real analog.
We did some tracking on a Fostex b16 1/2 inch I think, that's were it all changed, and we've never looked back.
We're getting our vinyls next weekend, it's gonna be so great spinning that plastic delight.

We're getting our vinyls next weekend, it's gonna be so great spinning that plastic delight.

How long is the album? I have been looking at getting one of mine pressed, but it's about 25 minutes a side and that seems to be in "might sound crap" territory.

How long is the album? I have been looking at getting one of mine pressed, but it's about 25 minutes a side and that seems to be in "might sound crap" territory.

It's a bout 46 minutes, just about divided in the middle.
Our mastering Engineer felt we were pushing the boundaries and gave us an heads up, but I've heard loads of great albums surpassing the recomended Vinyl minute mark.
But I think somewere around 18-20 minutes each side is what the doctor recomends.

It's a bout 46 minutes, just about divided in the middle.
Our mastering Engineer felt we were pushing the boundaries and gave us an heads up, but I've heard loads of great albums surpassing the recomended Vinyl minute mark.
But I think somewere around 18-20 minutes each side is what the doctor recomends.

Yeah - 'Momentary Lapse Of Reason' was about 26 minutes each so I assumed it would be okay - until I seriously looked into pressing it after the album was completed.

Who's doing the cutting/pressing, out of interest? Are they UK-based or are you getting that done back in Norway?

The track sounds GREAT. I've played it with h/phones and through speakers. SCloud didn't murder it. The hook keeps coming back to me as I do stuff around the house or at work.
Excellent intro for the album.
Keep HR up to date please,

Yeah - 'Momentary Lapse Of Reason' was about 26 minutes each so I assumed it would be okay - until I seriously looked into pressing it after the album was completed.

Who's doing the cutting/pressing, out of interest? Are they UK-based or are you getting that done back in Norway?

Yeah there are some great records passing the magic time limit.
We had it cut and mastered for vinyl at Fluid Mastering in London, they did it from the 2 track.
It's being pressed here in Norway, not sure where as it's done by our label.

The track sounds GREAT. I've played it with h/phones and through speakers. SCloud didn't murder it. The hook keeps coming back to me as I do stuff around the house or at work.
Excellent intro for the album.
Keep HR up to date please,

Awesome Ray.
Yeah Soundcloud is pretty cool, it's the only thing our label uses now, very hassle free IMO.
I'll keep you up to date mate, I'm getting the album next week, when we do our pre-release show.

I notice the album has appeared for purchase on the site now. I might see if I can preorder it.

Yeah, I've seen it available for preorder, pretty much all over the place now, specially here in Norway, even seen lots of Facebook ads which is a first for me.

label texted me that both the CD and Vinyl have arrieved in Bergen (Norway) for our pre-release gig this coming weekend. So things should be gelling smoothly now.

I got both the LP and the CD. I may be suffering from 'Keep the record mint' syndrome again. My favourite on the album so far is "The Doom that came to Sarnath"

Wow, great song/recording, took me back to the days of Uriah Heep the first time I listened to it, great sound then, great sound now. Looking forward to getting the album.

I got both the LP and the CD. I may be suffering from 'Keep the record mint' syndrome again. My favourite on the album so far is "The Doom that came to Sarnath"

You got both? awesome, thanks man.
We did The Doom that came to sarnath as a last track, it was mixed and finished at 5 in the morning before heading home to Norway 10ish, (we had some champagne before minimal nap time :D
One of the thing keeping us later, was the usage of real tape flanger on the drums around the guitar solo, that was pretty cool.

That track is also out on spotify on a collection CD, were it was recorded in digital home domain about a year before this recording.

Wow, great song/recording, took me back to the days of Uriah Heep the first time I listened to it, great sound then, great sound now. Looking forward to getting the album.

Awesome, I love Uriah Heep to, specially the early albums.

sounds great

thanks man.

The whole album is now out on Progstreaming should anyone want a listen, it's a free and simple streaming site.
http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=00681%20-%20D`accorD%20-%20III

Back