Firepod monitor setup

xotsx

Ok, I finally got the recording end of my firepod working with sonar and all is well. Now for my next stupid question, hah. I have my KRK RP8s hooked up from the CR main outs of the firepod. The main output from my PC is going into channel 1 of the Firepod, which also takes up one channel that I could be recording with.... This will work ok for monitoring during recording i guess, but only the left side of audio comes through. So, is there a better way to set this up or will I just have to change my setup before mixing?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ryan

setup

Well, if I selected that track it would. The reason it's going into there is because my monitors are getting output from my firepod only. So, to hear what's playing on my PC it needs to be going back through somehow. This is my dilema. I may just have it set up totally wrong, but that's what I need help with.

are you sure the output of the Firepod is the raw sound, or is it the processed sound?

You should be able to hear everything from your monitors when plugged into the firepod cue out. If not, you don't have the firepod selected as your sound device.

ehhh

dturcotte said:
You should be able to hear everything from your monitors when plugged into the firepod cue out. If not, you don't have the firepod selected as your sound device.

So, if i have the firepod selected as my main soundcard it should go through firewire? I tried to do that, but in the setting i had to chose Firepod output 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, etc. Nothing produced any sound.... I have no idea... :confused:

Select Firepod Out 1/2, and then adjust the Mix volume to blend what you're recording with what's coming from the PC

got it

Awesome! Got it all working. Thank you guys so much for putting up with my noob questions and helping me get it worked out. I really appreciate it. This board has been a huge help to me. :)

I have mine connected to my machine and it acts like my soundcard, everything comes out. you have to select it as your sound device in windows..

Back