fender mim 70s reissue strat

dave.....

i picked up a mim reissue 70s strat the other day ... natural body, maple fret board ..... great sounding playing guitar .... great price .... anyone care to comment on these ??

Only, why would they bother to reissue a `70's strat?

It doesn't have the three bolt neck plate, does it? I hope not.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

yep its a 3 bolt

yep its got the 3 bolt neck ...... i thought it looked cool hanging in the store ... so i played it ... the action was great .... i realy liked the tone .....nice feel to it ...... it was different than my other 2 strats ...... i did not need it ... but somehow if followed me home .. along w/ a drum set .... it came w/ a nice hard case .... bad idea going to the music store w/ $$ in my pocket ...

Most of us who were playing strats made in the 1970s didn't like the three neck bolt plate, the larger U profile neck and thick poly finish. From what I've seen of the MIM reissues, they are better made than some of the boat anchors that were around back then. If you like it, then that's all that matters.

Enjoy!

i like it

i like it a lot .... thats why i bought it .... the 3 bolt neck does not bother me .... i have a hagstrom w/ a 3 bolt neck ... never had any problem w/ it

i like it a lot .... thats why i bought it .... the 3 bolt neck does not bother me .... i have a hagstrom w/ a 3 bolt neck ... never had any problem w/ it

I played a MIM 70s RI like yours with the ash natural body. It was an excellent sounding guitar. All of the MIM Classic Series strats (1950/60/70s) have a loyal following. They're also great values.

i have one as well. the 3-bolt neck joint on MINE is quite stable. i have heard of examples where this was not the case. it is a pretty nice guitar, actually. the fat neck took some getting used to, but it plays very nice, intonates well, and stays in tune. it is pretty bright. in fact, it is perhaps the brightest guitar i have ever owned. consequently, it does "dirty, aggressive strat" to perfection--- lots of cut. it can be a little brittle through a clean amp though. i should mention that it isnt my go-to guitar.
a

Back