Favorite keyboard rock/hair metal songs

Those posts confirm my assertion. This music is underdeveloped and that's irrefutable.
Contraire my young and naïve friend.....your comment is irrefutable

Remember opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink...

As I said in my first reply....I disagree with your statement and provided my evidence as to why as a keyboard player I disagree....

What came after the 70's for the most part ( again in my very subjective opinion) is childs play in comparison for the most part...

Contraire my young and naïve friend.....your comment is irrefutable

Remember opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink...

As I said in my first reply....I disagree with your statement and provided my evidence as to why as a keyboard player I disagree....

What came after the 70's for the most part ( again in my very subjective opinion) is childs play in comparison for the most part...
You are confusing taste with opinion. Your taste is simple, your opinion stinks.

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
Those posts confirm my assertion. This music is underdeveloped and that's irrefutable. None of these compares, say, to 'Tomorrow' of Europe which is thousands of light-years ahead.
I imagine Mozart is underdeveloped as well?

I would imagine that Europe is very technically sophisticated? I confess I haven’t even listened.

But here’s a musical truth, keyboardists just like guitarists and many other ‘younger’ more ‘modern’ musicians can be technically very good, but often lack soul, mojo, feel, or just plain don’t have that magic.

How did they get so technically proficient?
They climbed onto the shoulders of giants who had blazed the trail before them. It’s easy to achieve technical perfection with crazy amounts of practice after the groundwork is laid. Groundwork and a foundation that was laid down by the masters who created the music.

Too often youngsters don’t give credit to the greats who have come before them, and even worse, dismiss them as inferior.

Once a panel of younger 80s shredder guitarists were asked who their favorite guitar players were. Lots of varied artists were mentioned.
But one young buck said BB King. Interviewer asked why?

He said; There’s many players that can perfectly play a million notes, but BB can play just 2 notes and make a grown man cry.

He said; There’s many players that can perfectly play a million notes, but BB can play just 2 notes and make a grown man cry.
A brilliant musician and good friend of mine laid a couple cool quotes on me...Music is NOT a competition.......Every bit as important as the notes you play are the notes you DON'T play.

Reactions: RFR
While it's nice to have a favorite band, to make a statement that "'Tomorrow' of Europe which is thousands of light-years ahead" compared to the likes of ELP, Yes, Kansas or any number of bands of that era is a pure joke. There is no way anyone could consider their music "undeveloped", from a compositional or performance standpoint.

Old school players were the innovators
Modern players copy the old, snazz it up a little, and discard what came before.

Take Jimi Hendrix for example, let’s say little wing. Someone can learn it, ‘improve’ it. Then complain that Jimi wasn’t very technically proficient.

Yet Jimi wrote that piece! It came out of his musical imagination. It was something that previously did not exist.

Last edited:
Yup you mentioned that before...He is a VERY cool cat and a beast of player...the arthritis thing sucks... I threw out some cool ones in there Nicky Hopkins ...a bad ass....Todd...cosmic explorer extraordinaire, Elton, Lee Michaels, Emerson, Parsons, Steve Walsh, Jon Lord, Rich Davies, Hans-Jürgen Fritz and of course the predecessors.. Leon Russel, Billy Preston, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard etc....rock keyboards have been rockin since the 50's
Brian Auger and the Oblivion Express.

Oh but how remiss of me to leave out the absolute most consummate future rock keyboards album of the Century..( And longest in the charts at almost 450 weeks)...I was one of those lucky few hundred thousand humans that actually got to see it performed live in it's entirety BEFORE the album was released ...For me it was September 22nd 1972 at the Hollywood bowl in QUAD...OMFG! Life changing, career changing moment for me...bastards...

I was able to attend an outdoor concert at Roosevelt field in North New Jersey, now Giants Stadium. It was the opening tour for when the album came out. They had the back up singers and the horn player. It was a great show. I had seen them in Carnegie Hall with virtually no light show etc and that show was just as good. I think it was when they had just come out with Meddle. I did get to see them one more time at Roosevelt Field in 75. All great shows. The LSD didn't hurt either.

Old school players were the innovators
Modern players copy the old, snazz it up a little, and discard what came before.

Take Jimi Hendrix for example, let’s say little wing. Someone can learn it, ‘improve’ it. Then complain that Jimi wasn’t very technically proficient.

Yet Jimi wrote that piece! It came out of his musical imagination. It was something that previously did not exist.
Here is my take on Jimi. Was he technically a great guitar player? No. How I see it is, when the first electric guitars came out, what had been
played on acoustic guitar was adapted to electric guitar. Jimi came along and said, "hold my beer, I am about to show you how to play an electric
guitar." The rest is history. I know, someone else would have done it, but Jimi is the one who DID it.. So, FUNK them Hendrix deaf mofos.
Some of his lyrics are astounding also. "Won't you hurry up and execute me, so I can be on my miserable way." "I'm the one who has to die when it's
my turn to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."
"And I continue
To burn the midnight lamp
Alone"

Those posts confirm my assertion. This music is underdeveloped and that's irrefutable. None of these compares, say, to 'Tomorrow' of Europe which is thousands of light-years ahead.
Once a certain plateau is reached, there is no better, only different.

Then there's this undeveloped keyboardist from the 70's
Frickin lightning bolts shooting out of them stubby little fingers......

Back