fake analog mixing anyone try it?

doulos24

this video on youtube about mixing in pro tools was trying to explain why a analog console modeling plugin on the master fader didnt do much. Saying the best way to use it was to mix through the plug in from the ground up. Went so far as to say if he disengaged it his mix would fall apart afterwords cause all of his mix decsions were based on this plugin. Has anyone ever tried something like that? Building a mix around a tape saturation plug in or 2 buss compression on the master fader?

any thoughts?

Last edited:
I've done that before (and still do sometimes). It's a pretty common practice with buss compressors.

It really depends on what I'm trying to accomplish as to whether or not I use it.

this video on youtube about mixing in pro tools was trying to explain why a analog console modeling plugin on the master fader didnt do much by saying the best way to use it was to mix through the plug in from the ground up and then went so far as to say if he disengaged it his mix would fall apart afterwords cause all of his mix decsions were based on this plugin anyone ever tried something like that building a mix around a tape saturation plug in or 2 buss compression on the master fader?

any thoughts?
My first thought was that I took amphetamines while watching a Speed Racer marathon.

My second thought was that was only the effect on may brain after trying to read the first paragraph without the use of any punctuation or capitalization.

My third thought was how awful the idea of "building a mix around a plug" sounded to me.

G.

Back