Facelift, Post-punky song from Sweden

atari_soldier

Hey!
What do you guys think of this song (mostly) in terms of mixing? I'm going to finish it tomorow night and could use some good feedback before that

i think the intro guitar part could use some tightening up. it's kinda sloppy as it is, but not too bad. i think the guitar and bass are pretty dry compared to all that's going on, reverb-wise, with the drums and vocals. is the same verb applied to the guitars and bass? i'd add the guitar bus to the reverb send as well as a touch of the bass, if it's not (can't tell, sorry), and then i'd shorten the tail of the reverb a touch. not much, just a little.

when that snare drum comes in, there's suddenly a ton of reverb I couldn't notice prior.

very good, otherwise.

edit: i forgot to mention that i really like this vocal. great voice and delivery. i'd def listen to more of this. great job

i think the intro guitar part could use some tightening up. it's kinda sloppy as it is, but not too bad. i think the guitar and bass are pretty dry compared to all that's going on, reverb-wise, with the drums and vocals. is the same verb applied to the guitars and bass? i'd add the guitar bus to the reverb send as well as a touch of the bass, if it's not (can't tell, sorry), and then i'd shorten the tail of the reverb a touch. not much, just a little.

when that snare drum comes in, there's suddenly a ton of reverb I couldn't notice prior.

very good, otherwise.

edit: i forgot to mention that i really like this vocal. great voice and delivery. i'd def listen to more of this. great job

That was some really interesting feedback right there! :)

I totaly agree that the bass is to dry...I've almost never used reverb on basslines so this might be just the opportunity to start?

which reverb should I shorten the tail of? the one on the vocals?

That was some really interesting feedback right there! :)

I totaly agree that the bass is to dry...I've almost never used reverb on basslines so this might be just the opportunity to start?

which reverb should I shorten the tail of? the one on the vocals?

you can send a small amount of the bass there, just barely a touch. yeah the vocal tail seemed to really carry on whenever the music stopped behind it.

The vocal sounds very 80s because of the depth and reverb. Which, is cool in a way. But then the bass and guitar sound up front. I guess andru already mentioned that. I concur.
Something really is driving me nuts with the groove. Are the hits all early or something? The groove is giving me anxiety. :/

The balance of the instruments sounds good, but the depth of the space isn't right. I'd lower the bass and put some delay on the guitars. I think that would solve it.

The vocal sounds very 80s because of the depth and reverb. Which, is cool in a way. But then the bass and guitar sound up front. I guess andru already mentioned that. I concur.
Something really is driving me nuts with the groove. Are the hits all early or something? The groove is giving me anxiety. :/

The balance of the instruments sounds good, but the depth of the space isn't right. I'd lower the bass and put some delay on the guitars. I think that would solve it.

You mean the bass hits are early?
Lower the bass? Do you mean im pitch or in volume?
Thanks.

You mean the bass hits are early?
Lower the bass? Do you mean im pitch or in volume?
Thanks.

Honestly, I can't tell what is early, but something in the groove feels early. Can you check the programmed drums and see if they're hitting early?

Or, maybe wait and see if anyone else feels this. Maybe it's me.

By lower the bass I meant either volume or selectively EQ overly prominent frequencies in it.

Honestly, I can't tell what is early, but something in the groove feels early. Can you check the programmed drums and see if they're hitting early?

Or, maybe wait and see if anyone else feels this. Maybe it's me.

By lower the bass I meant either volume or selectively EQ overly prominent frequencies in it.

UPDATE:

The bass was really sloppy so I retracked it. Is the groove any tighter? I also changed a lot of other things in the mix and the arrangement

The bass was really sloppy so I retracked it. Is the groove any tighter? I also changed a lot of other things in the mix and the arrangement

I wish you left the other one up for comparison, but from memory, this one is much better.
I'm not getting that anxiety from the rhythm section.

Cool song.

Back