exporting drums from BR's

barksy

has anyone worked out a quick way to export the built in drum loops, so these files can be used in the DAW application?

You'd have to save them to a track then export them the same way you do any other tracks (drag and drop after going into USB mode).

Simple if you have determined what drum loops to use, but I'd rather browse them on PC and drag the ones i want into the DAW.

The below is the only way i can think of doing this with REAPER, and listen to this long winded process!

This would require me to set up an rhythm arrangement on Boss BR, input every drum loop (600)- leaving a bar between each loop to allow for crashes to fade out at the end of the loop etc.

Then i would have to bounce this track of ALL loops to a stereo track and USB it to PC

From here, i would have to drag the file I've just transferred to my PC to the daw and split the track 599 times to have individual files for each loop. Then i would have to move each loop into it's own track, name the track (prob copy BOSS naming conventions), then "consolidate export tracks"....This would save each 600 tracks with the file name i give them.

Big job hey...and this would be only doing 1 drum kit (eg STD1). I would then want to do this for the other 8 drum kits (reggae, house, jazz, STD2, Room, Heavy, Hip Hop 808).

Would love a smarter way than my dumb way....

Do you really think the BR loops are that good? I used them and found them somewhat limited (in a BR600, of course).

I'm not sure of the diff between the BR600 compared to BR1200, but yeah, I've used them for a number of years, maybe it's just familiarity of it. They are well packaged in Intro, Verses, fills etc.. as well as mixing them all up if you want.

If there is no easy way, I'll just have to go the get some Addictive drums of SS Drums sooner than later.

Back