EV and BLUE collaborating?

OneRoomStudios

Has anyone heard anything about these:?
http://www.prosoundweb.com/news/0305/telexblue.php

They're listed on EV's site but don't really have any information and they're not on BLUE's site. I e-mailed the people at EV and they said they should be availible to the public in about a month. Apparently there's going to be a whole line of EV/Blue mics. Could be pretty cool since both companies have pretty stellar reputations.

Sounds like a good pairing to me.

Electrovoice don't know jack about condensers, and BLUE don't know shit about dynamics.

Together, they both know jack and shit.

Those new Blue dynamic mics look pretty freakin' cool. I'd love to get my hands on one. It would be interesting to see if / how Electrovoice could do on a condenser with Blue's help.

Then again, Blue would probably do something silly like give it a weird, panzy color and name it after a vegatable or a furry animal.

chessrock said:
Sounds like a good pairing to me.

Then again, Blue would probably do something silly like give it a weird, panzy color and name it after a vegatable or a furry animal.

heh

sounds interesting

My bad. I didn't read the whole press release.

Looks like I was pretty close to the mark, though :D ...

"The EV-BLUE Cardinal is a cardioid condenser microphone with Class-A discrete low noise amplifier, also for live and studio vocals and instruments."

I guess this means BLUE must be on a bird kick these days.

chessrock said:
My bad. I didn't read the whole press release.

Looks like I was pretty close to the mark, though :D ...

"The EV-BLUE Cardinal is a cardioid condenser microphone with Class-A discrete low noise amplifier, also for live and studio vocals and instruments."

I guess this means BLUE must be on a bird kick these days.
Did you miss the Raven?

I wonder what's next for BLUE?

How about mics named after food products?

I'm taking bets on how long it takes for them to release the "BLUE Bratworst."

When they start mass-producing those food ones, they can be like, the McBLUE or the BLUE Mac. Yes, I want fries with that!

Blue has never been a legit manufacturer themselves. The contract for manufacturing expired. Blue then began manufacturing the RED line and other accessories in China. The original owner of the many of the Blue designs is now manufacturing the mics, with some cosmetic changes here and there. Look for Violet mics. Also the designer at Violet has a line of mics as well, JZ.

Since Blue needed a company to manufacture (what designs nobody knows, as they really weren't designing much themselves, beside the Blue and Black Ball mics), EV became their distributor. In a nutshell that's the jist of it.

I think they should make a Blue Hamburger. It could be a stereo binaural style disc recording system. The beef patty could be the disc that seperates the two buns (mics) from each other. Or maybe a hotdog ribbon mic. The hot dog could be the mic, and the bun would make a cool shockmount:D

flyingfaders said:
Blue has never been a legit manufacturer themselves. The contract for manufacturing expired. Blue then began manufacturing the RED line and other accessories in China. The original owner of the many of the Blue designs is now manufacturing the mics, with some cosmetic changes here and there. Look for Violet mics. Also the designer at Violet has a line of mics as well, JZ.
This is simply a rumor. You don't know that at all. Blue is actually moving some of the manufacturing to the US (whether they'll use Chinese parts, I don't know, but the mics will say made in US). I've heard that this JZ guy was one of several designers that Blue used, but there's no sufficient evidence to say that JZ was the "original owner" of the Blue designs.

Since the whole Violet / JZ thing surfaced all Blue have succeeded in producing is a load of ballocks (sorry for pun). I find it hard to believe that the same design team that produced the bottle / baby bottle / dragonfly etc. came up with the 'snowball' - honestly they would do well to divorce samson-like products like that from the Blue brandname.

Whatever about their current engineering and manufacturing status Blue certainly seem to know a lot about branding and marketing - I think EV could learn a few lessons there.

You seriously think that JZ guy is more credible than BLUE? :rolleyes: He starts selling clones of the BLUE mics before he legally can? Smart move, buddy.

Not me. I'm not saying he's lying about everything, necessarily, just that I'm much more prone to believe the truth is somewhere between what JZ is saying and what BLUE would like us to believe.

I also see no evidence whatsoever that BLUE is moving manufacturing to China. JZ said his contract with BLUE was out last November, but new shipments of BLUE mics (none of which will say "made in china" on them) are being delivered to stores.

I think it's funny that so many people on the internet think they know exactly what's going on, and are stating their conjecture as established fact.

As far as I'm concerned, whoever Skipper Wise is pimping for ... is the company I want to deal with.

Whether that's Blue, Purple, Pink or Plaid.

cominginsecond said:
This is simply a rumor. You don't know that at all. Blue is actually moving some of the manufacturing to the US (whether they'll use Chinese parts, I don't know, but the mics will say made in US). I've heard that this JZ guy was one of several designers that Blue used, but there's no sufficient evidence to say that JZ was the "original owner" of the Blue designs.

The EV mics are supposed to be US assembled yes.

Since they have their patent numbers and info for said designs, and Blue is no longer offering the mics made from that plant, my money is on JZ and Violet.

chessrock said:
As far as I'm concerned, whoever Skipper Wise is pimping for ... is the company I want to deal with.

Whether that's Blue, Purple, Pink or Plaid.

Quite silly since any blue buyer paid WAY too much money for what they bought. Mics are not rocket science.

flyingfaders said:
Quite silly since any blue buyer paid WAY too much money for what they bought.
In your opinion. Your anti-BLUE bias seems to be causing you to spread questionable rumours about them.

flyingfaders said:
The EV mics are supposed to be US assembled yes.

Since they have their patent numbers and info for said designs, and Blue is no longer offering the mics made from that plant, my money is on JZ and Violet.
You can't patent a circuit design.

This is being hashed out in court and you're pretending to know what's going on, apparantly because you don't like the BLUE mics.

Back