Espionage - spy tune cover

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
Here's a Los Straight Jackets spy tune cover I recorded.

It's a pretty clean guitar tone, I recorded it with my Stereo Tube pre amp and my Tube Re-Vibe unit
Got some decent drum sounds on this also, I think
I may have the drums too loud, but I like the way they sound

latest mix#2 link
Bass boosted, kick boosted, fatter guitar tone

Here is mix #1

Both mixes are attached as files :)

Attachments

• Espionage.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Espionage2.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
A really cool sound. I love this style. Nice playing. The reverb sounds perfect for the style.

I think you could get away with a little more from the bass guitar and the kick. Kind of modernize the sound just a bit with a stronger low end.

The guitars just a wee bit too twangy.

Minor complaint. Real cool.

Thanks for the comments
I'll have some time this weekend to mess with it again

The guitar is very crisp. I find it harsh to listen to for such an extended period.
The playing sounds good. I had no gripes with the drums.
Bass could be louder. What's a spy without a sexy low end?

Yeah, the bass can come up. If you do that, you might want to axe just a taste of its low end - it sounds pretty dark right now. And if you do that, you can:

* let a bit more of the guitar low end through

* edge back a bit on the guitar high end - it's a bit overmuch on the high notes like at 1.05 and 1.35 - 1.45.

Really enjoyed this one. Nice work.

I really like the recording. Love Los Straitjackets. I would echo that the bass should be brought up. Also the kick could use more definition. Thank you for sharing.

Nice bit of music, there. I can only echo what others have said about the bass needing to be louder. And it should sound a bit like you're listening to it in an old cinema with its warm, woolly subwoofers. You can have the top end on it for definition, but the low frequencies need to be warm and silky. What guitar were you using? Love the sound.

That guitar is bad-ass. Sounds a little pinched by a compressor or limiter or something, would love to hear it opened up through my Ampeg.....

Chuck
Here's a Los Straight Jackets spy tune cover I recorded.

It's a pretty clean guitar tone, I recorded it with my Stereo Tube pre amp and my Tube Re-Vibe unit
Got some decent drum sounds on this also, I think
I may have the drums too loud, but I like the way they sound

Excellent tones man, very fitting for the song. I agree with chuck, there's some compressor or something making that guitar pump. Maybe the tremolo is interfering with some layer of compression somewhere?

I agree that kick and bass could come up. The drums sound very good, nice and crisp. Nice job!

Thanks guys
I did not get a chance today to do another mix
Hopefully tomorrow I have have some time

I may record the guitar parts from scratch again and dial down the high end and bump the bass

Ok guys, here is mix #2 with the bass boosted and the kick boosted.
I can only do so much with the drums because they are a full kit recording and not individual drums.

I re-did the guitar track and I got a fatter guitar sound this time around
See how mix #2 sounds

Sorry, I did not see anything on the new mix?
I'll take that as it is much better now?

Sorry, I did not see anything on the new mix?
I'll take that as it is much better now?

How about you participate in this forum and give comment and encouragement on other people's work? Why would I comment on your new mix when you have no intention of giving anyone else any feedback on what they are doing?

Back