Electro-Voice ND767A for Home/Studio Recording?

Accompianist

Anyone use one of these for recording?

I know 767s are generally used live, but with the price a certain music retailer is offering them for, I'm considering picking up a couple for home. The super cardioid pattern might come in handy in less than ideal recording environments.

Thanks!

I don't recall if I've recorded with mine, but I bought an extra one a while ago just because the price was so cheap for a mic I do like for live use. For the price I'd give it a try for recording.

Been running this mic (the EV) through the paces this evening and I quite like what I'm hearing. Only downfall is that you need good technique. Gotta find the right place for your voice and stay there. Less forgiving than an LDC.

Been running this mic (the EV) through the paces this evening and I quite like what I'm hearing. Only downfall is that you need good technique. Gotta find the right place for your voice and stay there. Less forgiving than an LDC.

That downside of close mic'ing vocals...

Sweet spot for me was with about 2 and a half inches between my mouth and the EV's capsule (popfilter inserted in the gap). Very crisp lows, not too much proximity. If I ever got that close to my P220, I'm pretty sure it would explode.

I like the 767A. I've used it on snare drums, guitar cabs, and vocals. -Perhaps not the applications it was intended for but I liked the results anyway. For me it was being compared against 57s and 58s and it faired well.

Back