Edirol M-16DX-Anyone used this

talontsiawd

I have been posting on a few forums, can't find any info on this. I just cut and pasted from another forum....

Ok, i saw this the other day at GC. I have never really had an interest in any digital mixer. The ones with motorised faders are cool but it's not something i really need or feel the need to spend money on. The ones that are just an anolog mixer with A/D seem kind of pointless.

Anyway, this one seems pretty damn cool. It is so small which is a huge plus. That's the main thing. I have an mg 12/4 which isn't big but my space is rather small. The break out box is a huge plus for cabling, and would clean everything up. The price is almost right for me as well.

I can't find any real world info about how it sounds or how well it works. I really am hoping to find something before i look into it further.

Also, does anyone else make something similar. A very small digital mixer with a break out box basically? 10 channels minimum.

me too

I read about this in an audio technology mag but aprt from that article which gave a pretty good review I have not been able to findthing from actual users on the web. I really like the fact that it will measure your rooms accoustics and adjust the output to match your room. sounds perfect for my space, that and the fact that 16 inputs..

Have found them for sale online here in Australia for like $1080.00 which seems pretty reasonable.

anyone got one. looking for a auser review - good or bad

cheers

Fantastic

It's really, really great. I've got one, and couldn't be happier with it. I read a lot about it before i bought it, and there's nothing really QUITE like it. This article will confirm... http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul07/articles/edirolm16dx.htm
I picked mine up for 1,100 in Aus. The four on board pres are great, sound way better than most onboards I've heard. The I/O is probably the best feature - for the price. It's also got a software update that lets you use it as a DAW controller, which is really great. I'm running sonar 8 and i've customised it to control all the things i use regularly. I use the control room out for my control room and then the aux bus has volume controls so is great to use for a headphone amp. When you get more mics, obviously you'll need to invest in some pres, but they're not too hard to come by as many of these forums suggest. All the other features i'm sure you've read and speak for themselves really. The eq's great, and the graphic display's really nice to have. I've done some great stuff with it, in the studio and even for live sound, and for the money, you just can't beat the functionality. There's really nothing around that's quite the same, it's a great piece of gear!
That's just my opinion of course :P

I've had mine for a few years and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Good clean sound in my studio, and what Moley1390 says about the pres is true...very clean.

Back