Drumkit From hell, I REALLY WOULD APRECIATE HELP!!

Skapkua

Banned
Now, i got myself drumkit from hell, "bought" it and i dont know how to open it.
It took me a while to figure out, that it requires a host program(omfg). So i "bought" Solar 8.5 aswell, but the help i ask is how do i get working on Solar, i'd really apreciate it (however you write that word:))!

THANKS FOR ATLEAST READING IT!!

Why don't I trust the way you used quotation marks? Maybe its the way you've misspelt the name of the DAW you've just "spent" a few hundred bucks on? Or that you've purchased a drum sample pack that was superseded by several other Toontrack products years ago?

Do it for the Lord!

Hawaii_Five-O_5-0_Jack_Lord_Steve_M.png

Do it for the Lord!

Ha!! That's great. I remember him. I used to see him in the grocery store once in a while. He would always wear a completely white suit with matching hat and shoes and drive an old white cadillac convertible. Rumor at the time was he was not all there anymore.

Ha!! That's great. I remember him. I used to see him in the grocery store once in a while. He would always wear a completely white suit with matching hat and shoes and drive an old white cadillac convertible. Rumor at the time was he was not all there anymore.

Do it for the Lord!

There are certain iconic faces that one remembers as a child (Zachary Smith from lost in space, Patrick Troughton's Dr Who) and his was certainly one of them, along with Danno and Chin Ho. Every time I see a Hawaii 5-0 reference, I think of McGarrett saying "Suppose, just suppose......" :cool:

I always thought that Jack Lord was a cross between Elvis and JFK.

They are filming the new Hawaii 5-0 here now. They film Lost behind my house! There was a helicopter with a big camera on the front from about 7 am this morning 'til noon hovering over and down the road from my house, woke me up, louder than shit.

I always thought that Jack Lord was a cross between Elvis and JFK.

They are filming the new Hawaii 5-0 here now. They film Lost behind my house! There was a helicopter with a big camera on the front from about 7 am this morning 'til noon hovering over and down the road from my house, woke me up, louder than shit.

I lived in Hawaii during the Magnum PI days. I did some work in John Hillerman's apartment and got to meet him. Nice guy. I met Tom Selleck's stunt double on a set once. Talked with him for a long time. And a guy I worked with was the detailer for those red ferrari's (there were three). He used to drive them around town, but I never got a ride.

I played drums and did some "acting" (more like fumbling) on a Magnum episode in the 80's. It was the episode with Dennis Weaver (McCleod) and his two sons in it. Me playing drums was not visible in the tv show, but me looking like a dorf was. My character was "killed" in a plane crash in the first 5 minutes of the show. Got paid good and ate lots of food though.

The stupid part of me playing drums was that it was supposed to be in the 1950's and I could have brought my 50's Gretsch set but instead they brought in a brand new set of Pearls or Tama's with heavy duty hardware and double toms from Hollywood, flew them in so it could look totally wrong for a 50's set. :confused:

Awesome stuff!

I was stationed on Oahu at Schofield from 85 to 90 and used to see the cars and helo from Magnum around alot. I lived on the north shore. good stuff.

Never got on set with magnum but did get on set for Tour of Duty. a buddy and myself were always getting parts as extras, the ones on stretchers, or walking around aimlessly lol.

can you give us an IMDB link so we can get the episode from netflix (and *not* torrent :) )?

I don't know about those sites. The show I was on starts with me and the guitar player I was in a duo with loading stuff into a small plane, and Dennis Weaver plays violin near the first of it. The show is about some lost songs. I get maybe 2 minutes of very unexciting head shot between Dennis Weaver's sons fighting.

What was odd was that I took my wife to a movie when I was 11 (Barberella) and Jane Fonda's side man in that movie, David Hemmings, was the director in the Magnum episode I was in all those years later.

Yesterday they had a low flying camera helicopter from 7 am to 6 pm, with maybe 1 hour off. Just a tad noisy - youza, it was all super low flying, there would have been no way I could have recorded yesterday. The pilot must have had a pretty good paycheck though.

They used the helicopter from the first of Magnum (the brown one with stripes) for looking for weed for years, I used to see them out back, and a rope would come out the bottom with a guy on it, they'd lower him and then he'd come up with a bail of plants. Great way to spend our tax dollars. Then last year, the residents of the Big Island basically told them to fuck off and they stopped it in many areas.

Yesterday they had a low flying camera helicopter from 7 am to 6 pm, with maybe 1 hour off. Just a tad noisy - youza, it was all super low flying, there would have been no way I could have recorded yesterday. The pilot must have had a pretty good paycheck though.
Pilots don't typically make a lot of money. The companies they work for do!!

They used the helicopter from the first of Magnum (the brown one with stripes) for looking for weed for years, I used to see them out back, and a rope would come out the bottom with a guy on it, they'd lower him and then he'd come up with a bail of plants. Great way to spend our tax dollars. Then last year, the residents of the Big Island basically told them to fuck off and they stopped it in many areas.

When you mentioned them filming Lost behind your house, made me wonder if they ever came across booby-trapped pot fields. When I lived in Hawaii, the common wisdom was never walk through the mountains.

Think I'm going to move this thread to Prime Time and get it out of the Drum Forum.

Back