Drum room help!

pandamonk said:
That's a nice looking kit. Sounds pretty good too. Can't wait to get my studio finished now :D. Not played my pearl for years, and I just wanna polish it up n tune it nice.

Yeah - I agree - that is a really good looking kit... mine is soooo old and outdated... I am hoping the changes I make though, make a big difference..
I found mic clip extenders in the case that hold the CAD mics - this will get the mics up the air more - for a better angle.. I've moved the kick head hole - and checked the blanket inside... I will be getting new heads today or so...

dwkman0117 said:
Yeah - I agree - that is a really good looking kit... mine is soooo old and outdated... I am hoping the changes I make though, make a big difference..
I found mic clip extenders in the case that hold the CAD mics - this will get the mics up the air more - for a better angle.. I've moved the kick head hole - and checked the blanket inside... I will be getting new heads today or so...
You getting a full set of heads? What about that beater?

pandamonk said:
You getting a full set of heads? What about that beater?

Yes I am getting a new beater. I am getting both top and bottom heads on the tom I use for recording and a bottom for the floor tom. I can imagine that I am going to get allot less bleeding now that I have the mics pointing correctly. Like the pic shown above of the other guys kit.

dwkman0117 said:
Yes I am getting a new beater. I am getting both top and bottom heads on the tom I use for recording and a bottom for the floor tom. I can imagine that I am going to get allot less bleeding now that I have the mics pointing correctly. Like the pic shown above of the other guys kit.

Yes, 95% of your problem is with mic placement.

NL5 said:
Yes, 95% of your problem is with mic placement.
If by "problem", you're reffering to the bleed, then i agree. But there are a lot more wrong than just the placement. New heads, getting out the corner. All the things we coverred earlier...

Back