Drum Kit from Hell 2 or 2 CD Sample Set

Which is a better way to spend my $$$?

• Drum Kit from Hell 2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Drum Kit from Hell 2 CD Sampler

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

dmbpettit

I was wondering which of these I shoudl use. The 2 CD set has just the samples while the DKFH 2 has a special version on Kontakt with it. For $10 more should I just get the DKFH 2?

I thought you meant real drums - from hell, didn't know they BOTH were sample titles :) funny, b/c I thought I actually have a kit from hell....so I don't actually have any idea, nevermind. ;)

what sampler do you currently use? i think i would get the one with kontact as they would probably all be mapped out and stuff.

I just got DFH 2 with the Kompakt sampler. I haven't messed with the sampler much yet but it seems like a good package. The mapping surely is done with thought and is well worth the extra 10 bucks if you ask me.

Be forwarned about DFH2. There is no way to set the velocity of the midi note, and you can't get 'into' the samples because the Konkatk(sp?) synth is not a full version. SO unless you are doing heavy or death metal DFH2 is useless. I would not buy that as its basically a waste of money.
Definately go to www.toontrack.com and search the forum about this and you will find a LOT of unhappy customers.
I would go with the sample cd or find an older DFH1 sample cd and build the kit in Battery or other synth.

Back