Drum Cover Videos

I guess I should mention that everything was done in REAPER. Audio and video.

If anyone cares, there's an equipment list in the description under the video on Youtube.

Love the leading right hand on the HH during the tom figures. Nice!
Thanx dude! It makes it easier to get to the toms, playing open handed like that. But, after all these years, I noticed that when I do that, the hi-hat is weak. I notice a difference when I come back with the left hand. I'm glad I made that video, because I'm going to correct that. It only took 40 + years to notice that. :D

Thanx dude! It makes it easier to get to the toms, playing open handed like that. But, after all these years, I noticed that when I do that, the hi-hat is weak. I notice a difference when I come back with the left hand. I'm glad I made that video, because I'm going to correct that. It only took 40 + years to notice that. :D

I'm working on it too. Simon Phillips got me going on that. Another lefty....

Just play worse with your left hand. Problem solved! 🤯

Ringo or am I not following the conversation correctly?
Ringo is a lefty, but sets up his kit right handed. That's what gives him a lot of his unique style. He starts some rolls on the floor tom and goes up, instead of starting on the small tom and going down to the floor tom.

So you're right. But the guys I mentioned above set their kits up lefty like me.

F'n excellent dude! Watched all the way through the fade. I love it when people strive for excellence. Puts a smile on my face.
Hey man, I really appreciate that! I'm glad you dug it. :)

If you guys are ever bored, I have a few others on my channel. I just started the channel a few weeks ago, so the whole recording drum covers thing is all brand new to me. The hardest part is finding "drumless" backing tracks. The other big challenge is that these "drumless" tracks don't have a click track, so I'm following the band without a click track.

Hey man, I really appreciate that! I'm glad you dug it. :)

If you guys are ever bored, I have a few others on my channel. I just started the channel a few weeks ago, so the whole recording drum covers thing is all brand new to me. The hardest part is finding "drumless" backing tracks. The other big challenge is that these "drumless" tracks don't have a click track, so I'm following the band without a click track.

If you have Windows: https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI

Or Google Spleeter. You'll be able to make your own "Drumless" tracks from any song. :)

Back