driving me maddd!!!

jasgav

I'm using a guitar pro 2 with a recently installed 1010lt card. before the new card I used a sblive with no problems at all but now half the time when I record I get this damn bee sound buzz but only in half of the recordings. Like the first or second take would sound fine and on the third take I get distortion (I've deleted the first two takes and have not adjusted any levels).
I've thought maybe too much level or whatever. this happens with my keys and guitar through many different processors, different cables...Can't figure this one out. help!!

I don't know if this would be related (personally I use Sonar), however I have seen issues when using two cards at the same time. Are you using the Delta for inputs and the SB Live for outputs? If you are, try just running everything through the Delta.

Porter

thanks but no, I'm running only through the delta. Last night I thought maybe my pc pent 2 450 couldn't handle the 24 bit so this morning I change it back to 16 bit but it's still doing the same thing...

Wow, I never had any problem runing 1010LT with Sonar on either 16 / 24 bit. Alone, or even coupled with SBLive! for soundfonts. What's your OS & what Delta driver are you using? (check from Delta's mixer). If you use WinXP, then make sure you install Delta driver vers. 027 OR 036. Don't use driver 029.

;)
Jaymz

You can also suspect IRQ sharing. Remove the card, and install in another PCI slot available. Put the card most far away from your AGP slot will do good most of the time... If the problem continue, call your doctor... errr, I mean dealer...

;)
Jaymz

When you set the 1010LT as the default windows soundcard (Start->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio devices->Audio-Sound PLayback) and try recording in windows soundrecorder, do you get the same problem? If so you might want to try reinstalling the drivers for the 1010.
-Mike

James I'm using win 98se. I've wondered if it could be related to a memory leak problem but hell at this point I'm grasping at straws. the driver version is 4.13.01.0042 if that means anything to you and the panel version is 1.02.09.
I was playing with it again this morning and sometimes it recorded fine and other times buzzzz. I keep the input between -3 and -6 this is correct isn't it?
Proxy that's a great idea I'll try that next...

Back