downloading effects

Newbie dude

i finally got a pc just for recording, so i'm gonna have to donload al the vst's i use again. Now, where do I download these things to again?

no,lol. not where they're from. I know the vst's i'm downloading. I'm just asking where I download them to like, whats the name of the folder? Where do I go to get to it.

I mean, I have cubase on my C drive. So When i'm telling my computer where to put the effect so I can use it in cubase, wat are the stps to get to the folder i need?

download them on your desktop,unzip them and create a folder called "vst plugins" in program files.
Put them all there and tell cubase where they are, in prefferences.

Some VST's are programs so you have to install them as a program,others are just files DLL..etc

Garik said:
download them on your desktop,unzip them and create a folder called "vst plugins" in program files.
Put them all there and tell cubase where they are, in prefferences.

Some VST's are programs so you have to install them as a program,others are just files DLL..etc

This is what I do as well.

Pete

it seems like last time there was a special place, like maybe go to cubase, and then theres other folders inside of it, and one is called effects or vsts or plugins or something. i dunno. i guess i'll see.

Newbie dude said:
it seems like last time there was a special place, like maybe go to cubase, and then theres other folders inside of it, and one is called effects or vsts or plugins or something. i dunno. i guess i'll see.

Yep, there is a folder in SE3 anyways.

Back