Download and Mix Contest

haha I totally looked over it I got it know tho is there a deadline on this mix

Let's see how many people jump on board. They usually last about a month, so I'd say right after the first of the year maybe? The holidays are gonna be busy, so I don't want to burden the judges....

It's supposed to be a learning exercise. Put your mixes up, get them critiqued, critique others mixes. Everybody is starting with the exact same set of tracks, so you really get a feel for mixing.

I think we should do this more often I think it is a great was to learn and it is fun

These have been going on for years.......XfinsterX started them as PMC's or Public Mix Contest's. I've done a few, as well as other members here. A very valuable learning tool.

I just downloaded them here at work but the rest of the county is still without power so I'm not sure when I'll get to em...

:(

Not my kind of music but maybe I'll try, I could use the practice.

I forgot your out at the coast. What a mess! Are you hangin in there?

So far so good :)

They're saying maybe no power for at least a few more days... The next couple days are supposed to drop into the 30's so hopefully we'll be up before then....

Downtown Astoria looked like a war zone yesterday...

:eek:

Let's see how many people jump on board. They usually last about a month, so I'd say right after the first of the year maybe? The holidays are gonna be busy, so I don't want to burden the judges....

I won't be home Christmas to Jan. 3, so unless you want me judging on my mom's PC speakers :eek:

I'm having fun with this. I don't know what I'm doing, but it's still fun.

Is it cheating if I come here and search for help? :)

That's the whole point! Post your mixes and let everybody help you out........

K. I was about to post, but then I listened to the other two mixes and feel like an incompetent douche. Just a couple more minutes... then I'll post.

Ok. This doesn't sound right to me, but I'm stuck. I'm using headphones and don't have monitors, but I still think my ears just suck. This is the frustrating part of the process for me... that whole part that comes after the writing and recording...

...but that's why I joined this forum recently. :)

Any idea what kind of mic is on the kick? Whatever it is, I'll have to be sure to get something else :eek: Sounds like a cardboard tube to me, but I'll see if I can make it sound more to my liking!

Any idea what kind of mic is on the kick? Whatever it is, I'll have to be sure to get something else :eek: Sounds like a cardboard tube to me, but I'll see if I can make it sound more to my liking!

I think the reversed the polarity on a bazooka tube (Car Sub).

Back