Dooooble Pedal dude

zebedy

The Kid From The Kibble
I use a big dawg at the moment

Want sumthing lighter!

I've looked at the Iron Cobra the new one thats cromed?

Any one tell me if its light?

to play

Easy for spead??

zebedy said:

Want sumthing lighter!

to play

Easy for spead??

DW is as light as I've ever played ;)

welcome zebedy

zebedy said:

Want sumthing lighter!

to play

Easy for spead??
i have got some shitty mapex atm and i swear it just wont allow me to go any faster. i really want axis :rolleyes: but they are so expensive.

I think I'm repeating myself......................it's a stutter DWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDWDW :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

I have 2 single 5000 series although I have a gibralter intruder II (I think that's what it is anyway?? it cost a lot)

DW9000 is the best pedal on the market in my opinion. you can set it to however you like it and it stays at that setting. smoothest pedal ive EVER used.

I think the DW9000 is probably the best pedal I've ever played as well... My dad owns two of them. He bought it after his Axis fell apart on him. I play an iron cobra but I use some DW beaters and I have it adjusted really different. Although I'm not that fast I prefer the Cobra myself. DW is definately worth the money though, and incredibly adjustable...

I played on i think it was DW5000's for my drum lessons, and they didnt feel right to me, i could have gotten used to them, but whatever.

The pedal doesnt matter as much as how good the drummer is, even if you have an amazing pedal, it doesnt mean that you are going to play at amazing speeds. Anything can be accomplished on at least a decent pedal.

I havent seen anyone post anything about the pearl eliminator 2000 here.
why? because it sucks? or cause you havent tried it? I was in a store looking for a new pedal and after trying some pedals, It came down to a decsision between the eliminator and the DW5000. I bought the eliminator because it felt best for me since i play bare feet.. other than that I think the 2 pedals were pretty much equally good. Bottom line: If youre looking for a new pedal try as many as you can first. ;)

Anders said:
I havent seen anyone post anything about the pearl eliminator 2000 here.
why? because it sucks? or cause you havent tried it? I was in a store looking for a new pedal and after trying some pedals, It came down to a decsision between the eliminator and the DW5000. I bought the eliminator because it felt best for me since i play bare feet.. other than that I think the 2 pedals were pretty much equally good. Bottom line: If youre looking for a new pedal try as many as you can first. ;)

eliminators are cool man I just bought a gibralter instead (cos' it wos cheep), otherwise I would have a DW or an eliminator

up untill this thread that my good friend & musical collegue Zebedy posted I'd never heard of Axis, now in a week I've heard of them numerous times. I take it they are the new holy grail of pedals??

herostyle said:
I wouldn't say the new holy grail but they are definately uprising out of the market.
i tried both 5000 and elimator prefered the pearl, strap with red cam a little tension feels great. also saved some cash with the little price difference

slidey said:
eliminators are cool man I just bought a gibralter instead (cos' it wos cheep), otherwise I would have a DW or an eliminator

up untill this thread that my good friend & musical collegue Zebedy posted I'd never heard of Axis, now in a week I've heard of them numerous times. I take it they are the new holy grail of pedals??
The Axis has been around for a little over 15 years - it's completely different than most other pedals - and a lot of guys - especially people who love chaindriven pedals (like the Camco/DW/etc) don't like them. But the guys who like Speedkings love them, because it's based on the same theme as the speedking.

And yes, the Trick pedals are nice - but I don't really see the need for all of the extra adjustments. If I had known the different between the Axis A and Axis X when I purchased Axis - I'd have just gone with the X version, because Once I set the inital pedal's adjustments - I've never changed them - and that was in... let me think - 1999. :p LOL

Tim

Axis vs Eliminator

The Axis pedals are great for up-tempo stuff. I use 2 axis x pedals for my double bass drum setup, and it works like h#¤l! For my single bass drum setup i almost always use my eliminator belt drive pedal. This pedal you can make feel like anything. From light to heavy!

Anyway, it`s a matter of taste, and what you get used to...

Tim Brown said:
The Axis has been around for a little over 15 years - it's completely different than most other pedals - and a lot of guys - especially people who love chaindriven pedals (like the Camco/DW/etc) don't like them. But the guys who like Speedkings love them, because it's based on the same theme as the speedking.

And yes, the Trick pedals are nice - but I don't really see the need for all of the extra adjustments. If I had known the different between the Axis A and Axis X when I purchased Axis - I'd have just gone with the X version, because Once I set the inital pedal's adjustments - I've never changed them - and that was in... let me think - 1999. :p LOL

Tim

Problem with Axis is that it takes time to get adjusted. At first I hated mine. Now, I prefer them over any other pedal that I've tried.

tilinmyowngrave said:
Problem with Axis is that it takes time to get adjusted. At first I hated mine. Now, I prefer them over any other pedal that I've tried.

Well, to be fair - I began using Axis when they very first came out - which was around 1990. I already knew what I was after in 1999 when I set the second pair up. And no, I didn't wear out the first pair - I sold them with a drumkit with the intentions of buying new ones. :D

Tim

Back