Does Anyone Have A Pedal Graveyard I Can Plunder?

ranjam

I'm cleaning up years of packrat 'stuff' and I'm looking for some pieces to complete these pedals so I have an excuse not to toss 'em. If anyone has any cadavers or small parts to sell me, I'm buying. First is a Memphis Distortion pedal, which is much like an old Distortion + which is to say more overdrive. It looks like this;

distortion.jpg

I am missing the bottom cover. I would paint any suitable cover to try and match the blue, or just leave it alone. Approximate size OSM is 2.3125" x 4.6875". Next I have a strange Compressor by 'Cutec', that inside is a dead ringer for any Ross/MXR Dyna Comp. A stock photo looks like this;

cutec_mcp-7_001.jpg

I am missing the battery cover and bottom plate. The battery cover is approximately 2.875" x 1/2" or so. The bottom plate is approximately 2.6875" x 4.75" or so. Any battery cover will do, and I can paint that if need be.The bottom plate is more important right now, so that if I ever decide to try it on my board, I have something to velcro to!
Anybody? I realize the pedals aren't worth much, but what the heck. A fun winter project for me getting them going and looking complete. Thanks in advance for any tips or leads.

I might have a cover for the first one, but don't know the dimensions until i get out to my space. pm me in a day or two to make sure i remember.

I could make a bottom plate, but this way if I ever find a suitable die cast plate, it looks 'right', and less like Red Green. Hey, and there are fringe benefits. I asked at a few of my local music stores, and they literally gave me some Boss and Boss-clone 'stuff'. The attitude was their graveyard was getting crowded, so I could help them thin out the herd. Nothing matched to what I had (as seen above), but I took home some pedals and screwed with them. I now have most of them working! Some were simple things like blown shunt zener diodes across the power supply, and some I still have to figure out. But now I have to find the parts that the store salvaged from these pedals! :rolleyes: Things like the footswitch/battery cover screw or rubber grommet, but that should be simple enough. On the one hand I just had two pedals to restore, and now I have another half-dozen. Who said this was going to be a boring winter?

Back