Do you guys always upgrade?

OK, here's the progress report: I installed Sound Forge 6 a week ago, and I have to admit, I'm really starting to dig this thing!! When I installed it the first time, I didn't give it a fair shake. I saw all their FX looking like graph displays, and said 'screw it', but now I see that I kinda like the graphs!

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 is another story. I still don't like it, and I honestly don't need it. I mentioned before that I only kept up with it because it was the first multi-tracker I ever used, and I was a bit sentimental as well as real comfortable with it. And as for FX, the only thing that was real cool to me was the noise reduction. So now that I've graduated to Sonar (way better for multi-tracking, not to mention that CEP is MIDI-lame), and I use Sound Forge (way better for editing and mastering), I have uninstalled Cool Edit Pro 2.0, and I don't think I'll be looking back. I guess it's possible to outgrow certain programs.

Anyway, to sum up, SF 6.0 stays, CEP 2.0 goes, and as always.........SONAR ROCKS AND RULES !!! Thanks for all your support, and I apologize to all who have stayed up late into the night worrying about me in this trying situation!!

ed

I can't believe how much I like SF 6.0. And you guys all thought I should stick with 4.5! Shame on you for trying to mislead an innocent, impressionable guy like me! Just joshin'. I do like it, though!

ed

When I was under virus attack, almost all my .exe & .com files infected were corrupt. And you know what ? Only SF 6 was NOT affected... It survived :) It was when I need to pre-master my HR.Comp submission song on tight schedule, and all other audio apps were down. SF 6 helped me get through the days, and since ever, I love it more and more. It rocks baby... it rocks... :)

Yeah, but I had to finish my work first... It's Slackmaster's deadline... So I work it, and save the wave file, burn to CD, then re-format everything down. All my audio apps were downed, SF was the only one survive (still can be used when virus attacked). No, the virus didn't spread thru wave files. I checked the CD burned in other machine, it's clean & safe.

;)
Jaymz

My computer has no internet connection whatsoever. I see my wife fighting with all this virus software, and updating all the time. I need a lean, mean, clean machine!! James, did you ever find out what the virus was that you had? Usually these things spread like wildfire throughout the whole internet.

ed

Hmmm..., let me see.
It was PE_PARITY A and PE_PARITY B which are infecting .exe and .com files. It's memory resident kind of virus. Stick into kernell32, and affecting all executable files you select. Usually recognized when the file size change. One more virus I couldn't remember the name, it attacked only .HT* files. So if you have .HTML files, or even internet shortcut like .HTT files, they run a risk of infected. It's infecting by sticking itself to .HT* files.

;)
Jaymz

Thank God, I didn't loose any of my work. The virus attacked only executable files, leaves other than .exe & .com files ;) All that I've lost is time to re-format & reinstall all my OS & apps, which sucks big weekend time. Thank's for your wishes, Ed.

;)
Jaymz

Back