Digitech GSP 2120 VGS

SMC Productions

Anyone have any experience with these units?

2120 Valve Guitar System

Taking up where the 2112SGS left off, the new 2120VGS With Dual distortion paths, Digitally controlled Analog Wah, and Programmable Cabinet emulation. The amp-like controls and a fully loaded effects menu that can be routed in any combination and order help make the 2120 completely flexible. Dual S-DISC II processors helps provide seamless patch changes and morphing capabilities The 2120VGS combines guitar tones and digital effects to produce sounds that will satisfy even the most discriminating player.
Features Include:

* Programmable Cabinet Emulation
* Amp-like controls
* Dual 12AX7 Tube Preamp section
* Dual Distortion Path Routing (Solid State and Tube)
* Tube Power Voltage: 285VDC
* Tube Voicings: Warm Clean, Bright Clean, Blues Tube, Saturated Tube, Bypass
* Loop Send Connector: Mono 1/4" balanced TRS
* Loop Send Impedance: 1k Ohms
* Loop Output Level: +4, -10 (externally switchable)
* Loop Return Connector: Mono 1/4" balanced TRS
* Loop Return Impedance: 51 Ohms Full MIDI Implementation
* New Improved Configuration Interface
* Frequency Response: 20~20kHz +/- 0.5dB
* S/N Ratio: Greater than 98dB (A-weighted) ref=max signal 22kHz measurement bandwidth
* THD: Less than 0.03% (1kHz)
* Maximum Delay Time: Full Bandwidth 5 Seconds per S-DISC (10.0 total seconds)

Attachments

• 11_1_b.JPG
    11_1_b.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 2120.jpg
    2120.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 80
ocnor said:
I've owned a 2120 for quite a few years. Did you have a question about it?

Yeah...just your feelings on it...

I used to play with the older DSP21 and later Legend Series, and liked them alot, they were a bit noisy at times...but could be handled.

I noticed these can be had on Ebay fairly reasonably, but still command a decent value after several years, etc.

SMC Productions said:
Yeah...just your feelings on it...

I used to play with the older DSP21 and later Legend Series, and liked them alot, they were a bit noisy at times...but could be handled.

I noticed these can be had on Ebay fairly reasonably, but still command a decent value after several years, etc.
I really like mine. It does all of the old Legend series distortions [solid state] plus some very nice tube distortions. The noise gate works well without butchering the tails of your notes. Just being able to use the FX in any order makes this unit well worth the money. The many EQ options [graphic and parametric] means that you can shape the tone anyway that you like. The 2120 is a great unit for playing club gigs that require a wide range of tones and FX.

ocnor said:
I really like mine. It does all of the old Legend series distortions [solid state] plus some very nice tube distortions. The noise gate works well without butchering the tails of your notes. Just being able to use the FX in any order makes this unit well worth the money. The many EQ options [graphic and parametric] means that you can shape the tone anyway that you like. The 2120 is a great unit for playing club gigs that require a wide range of tones and FX.

Great to hear...how does it handle the 'studio'? Is it quiet enough?

SMC Productions said:
Great to hear...how does it handle the 'studio'? Is it quiet enough?
When adjusted correctly it's dead quiet. There is one thing that I should mention. The 2120 is not a plug and play unit. You need to spend a good amount of time with it because there are so many parameters to adjust.

Back