Devil's Breath - Hardrock original

Bruthish

Hair Metal Roxx!
I know I have been posting a lot the last few weeks. SO this is my last hard rock one for a bit as I am gonna go back to blues stuff for awhile. Anyway, I had this awhile ago and just now but it together, a lot of things still want to go back and do but wanting to see what else sticks out. I have listened so much its all sounding correct which I know its not.

This is the time for me to shine
This is how I am
Don't you be an enemy
and get your ass in line

Welcome to the house of pride...
Better not falter, better not halter
or there will be no rest
Never gonna leave alive...
or there will be no rest

The time has come for fight or flight
There's no hope for you
Can't you see the tragedy
that's holding on to you?

Welcome to the house of pride...
or there will be no rest
Never gonna leave alive...
or there will be no rest

Last edited:
Drums are a tad forward. Do you DI the rhythm guitars? Mix sounds hot on headphones. I think I prefer the guitar tones on your other jams

So I have been experimenting with parallel compression on the drums to give them a little more bite so that may be why they sound a little forward. Maybe I overdid it a little. As far as guitars it’s actually a mix or mic’d and DI. I used a cleaner less gain tone for the main riff hoping to have it a little more prominent. I think that is the guitar that maybe too hot. I will revisit thanks for the input!

Some slide guitar ? Bass guitar caught my ear right away, sounded really cool. Man, you mixes sound so clean and tight and defined, Im envious :listeningmusic:.
If I had a nit it would be to have a little more thump in the mix from kick , as this song is kicking! Ending surprised me as I was typing as listening and did not expect that end :>)

Some slide guitar ? Bass guitar caught my ear right away, sounded really cool. Man, you mixes sound so clean and tight and defined, Im envious :listeningmusic:.
If I had a nit it would be to have a little more thump in the mix from kick , as this song is kicking! Ending surprised me as I was typing as listening and did not expect that end :>)

Yeah a slide in there lol. Thanks for the comments! I actually turned the kick down some because when I listened on other sources it just seemed to be too much. Maybe its more of an EQ thing and I will check it out. As far as the end...are you talking about the abrupt ending? If so that was actually on purpose, kinda of like your here one moment and then your gone in the blink of an eye.

Yeah , talking about the end, was cool as I did not have my player maximized so didn't see it coming or expect it :thumbs up:

The drums sound a little too "bright" for my taste, but I didn't think they were too upfront. I think its needs more bass overall as well, whole mix sounds a tad thin.

Back