desktop mic for talking and a bit of singing

inspiredtolive

Hi, I'm am going to be making videos involving commentary and a bit of music (mostly vocals). I want it to be able to sit on my desk in front of me while I use the computer. I want to pay about $30 but may stretch that to $50. What microphones could you recommend to me?

Hi, I'm am going to be making videos involving commentary and a bit of music (mostly vocals). I want it to be able to sit on my desk in front of me while I use the computer. I want to pay about $30 but may stretch that to $50. What microphones could you recommend to me?

How are you getting the videos and the music into the PC?

For a mic you could use a cheap Skype setup. I recently bought a Trust "Chatpack" headset and camera, £15 from our Maplins. The camera seems ok, not tried the mic but will if you like!

Next step up the foodchain would be a USB mic. $50 probably gets you something basic such as the "Prosound" LDC that I bought on a whim. Not that bad actually.

But in truth if you want good quality you need a decent Audio Interface and a microphone and the latter will START at 50 bucks, at least twice that for an AI.

Dave.

hmm, I don't really have any good audio software. I'm going to be making video game videos (strange phrasing). I don't really want the "gaming headphones" because they are pretty expensive and I don't think I can trust those mics to record singing. That's why I am buying them separately and why my price range is a bit low. Some of the software I have that can record audio is Fraps(w/video recording), OBS(w/video recording), and audacity(because its free). I can use Adobe After Effects to edit my videos and stick audio in there.

Thank you for your suggestion. The ATR2100 seems like a great microphone for me. I do have one question, would it be good for singing?

Back