delta1010lt jumpersettings

tomb

does anyone here us a delta 1010lt card. i bought one for the preamp. i can use any regualer microphone, but i cant get my condenser mic to work. theres jumpers on the card, and i read the manual, but being new to recording i have no idea what they mean by the different jumper settings. if you have one please let me know what i need to do. i have had this card for 2 weeks now and cannot record anything. thanks.

A condenser needs phantom power. The 1010LT's pres don't have phantom power. If you want to use your condenser with these preamps, you need to use a separate phantom power supply.

I have a 1010lt and it does not supply phantom power. The jumper setting are to control weather those xlr inputs are mic level or line level.

You'll need some sort of outboard power or preamp, plus I've heard that the RCA inputs sound better then the XLR inputs.

kremitmusic, do you have any mp3s anywhere that you have recorded with the delta 1010lt? my other question is, all i have been using it with is the xlrs. how do i got about using all the capabilites of the delta 1010lt, what mixer takes rca, if i get a mixes with a 4 channel bus or more, should i be able to record a band? what is a inexpensive mic preamp. this really pisses me off, because i called tech support and they told me i would not need anythiong to use a condenser mic with the delta 1010lt before i bought it. oh well

oh one thing i would lie kto add. my mic has a 9 volt battery in it, doesnt that mean it should work?

Tomb-
our bands web site has some mp3s that were all done on the 1010lt- i use a Soundcraft M8- it has 8 mic line channels with direct outs- i have a snake that has 1/4" (for the direct outs on the M8) to rca on the other end that plugs into the 1010. I monitor using Event TR8's in a pretty crappy (read- untreated) living room. Thats gonna be my next project is treatment. The computer is an old Dell (on its second life- rebuilt by me with pretty much nothin in it but the 1010 and a cd burner) PIII 933mh

If your mic has a 9v battery in it then it makes its own phantom power- so that should work. I guess. Ive never used a mic like that. Maybe someone else has a better answer than that- good luck

/jeff

Back