Delta 66 omni studio, win xp, abit kt7a kt133 = not working for 6 months.

ambi

I got this card 6 months ago, didn't work then, doesn't work now.

It's not compatable with my system it seems. I tweaked the shit out of it and just got it to be able to play mp3's through winamp without skipping. New songs in Logic Audio can only run a max of 6-8 tracks, where with my sb live i could run 30+.

I have an amd Tbird 1.2 gig with 512 megs of pc133 ram.

I haven't had enough money to upgrade my computer to something that is compatable with this card.

I posted this quetions before and no one had any clue how to fix it. Just seeing if any of this time that has passed may have shed new light.

All I can suggest is to install the latest M-Audio drivers (Version 0036) and the latest drivers for your mobo

When checking out the M-Audio web site regarding the delta44 soundcard for a friend of mine, I noticed that with the kt133 chipset and the delta44 and/or delta66, you have to be sure to run "name brand" memory, or you may have "issues" like you're reporting. Perhaps a memory issue may be a contributing factor to your problems?

-Mr. Moon

i have infenion ram.

You think this ram could cause an issue?

I know the kt133 boards are known to cause issues, but i didn't know about the ram.

DEFINATELY update to 4-in-1 drivers (fromt he a VIA website...search for your mobo and software updates, etc.).

I had to update to XP SP1 before anything got stable with my Delta 44.

I DID NOT update M-Audio drivers tot he newest, seemed LESS stable to me. I got the .027 drivers...which is still available on thier website.

but see what works.

ambi said:
i have infenion ram.

You think this ram could cause an issue?

I know the kt133 boards are known to cause issues, but i didn't know about the ram.

Here's the tech document from m-audio knowledge base:

"VIA chipset mainboards and Delta cards

Q: Can M-Audio Delta Series cards be used with Main Boards using VIA Chipsets?

A: Yes, please be aware of the following System Requirements and Tips:
- Recommended are VIA Chipsets starting from the KT266A Chipset (266A, 333, 400, 400A or higher).
- It is mandatory to install the most recent VIA 4-in-1 driver (4.45 or higher). This driver is usually included on the software CD of your Main Board and should be installed immediately after installing Windows and before installing the Video/Graphics card drivers. The most recent VIA-Drivers can be downloaded in the section "Technical Support > Drivers" of the following page: http://www.via.com.tw
Here are some important Tips for older VIA Chipsets:

- If you are using the VIA chipsets MVP3 or MVP4 and are using USB devices, you additionally have to install the USB-Filter driver. - If you have problems with USB devices running Win98SE, you should also install the following UHCD Update from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/0/75.asp.

- On older Mainboards with KT133 or KT133A Chipsets, the use of 100MHz RAM sticks or so called "Noname RAM" is not recommended. Make sure to use brand name 133MHz RAM.

- Check if a BIOS Update is available for your Mainboard (Often necessary because of the Main Boards Southbridge when using older VIA Chipsets)
When running Windows 2000/XP, in some cases the Standard-PC Mode gives better results than the ACPI-Mode. Change the mode by updating/changing the driver for "Computer" in Windows' Device Manager. Attention! Switching from Standard PC back to ACPI in Windows XP is not possible. Do not attempt to switch Multi-processor Computers or Laptops to Standard PC mode. This mode is not supported on these computers!"

-mr. moon

Hmm.

Yea i guess i did everything possible back when i first got the card.

Oh well i guess my only option is to get a new mobo and ram.

Anyone know any NEW mobo's to avoid? I don't wish to have this probleme ever again.

Back