Delta 66 uses a LOT more resources than a SB live?

ambi

Well i've been struggling to get my Delta 66 up and running, i've finally got things "working", only it doesn't work very well. When i play mp3's i always get clicks and pops if i play them from a different hard drive, i guess it's too much work and the system overloads.

It's the same with logic audio. All of my old songs that i could run fine with the SB, won't run at all with the Delta 66, it constantly overloads and says the the audio processor couldn't processes the data in time, or some shit like that.

So my question is why is everything performing so much worse with my new card? This seems very backwards, considering it's a better card than the SB, and should run BETTER.

Is this a common thing? Things running much worse when getting a new sound card and having to buy a new computer? Whats the deal with that? Can i fix this?

provided your using the right drivers and have your buffer settings set up correctly and optimizing Logic and Windows you should not be experiencing these problems.

i've downloaded all the drivers.
the buffer settings may be off, and i don't know if i've setup logic correctly, but i've tried many different things and they all yield the same results.

Logic was hvaing problems in ASIO so i changed it to the regular one.

How is it supposed to be setup?

Back