Dear Microsoft, you suck.

kidkage

Bored of Canada
Seriously.

The absolute worst support I've ever received. I just bought a new desktop with Windows 8.1 installed.
Windows Updates fail to install. Now, normally, I wouldn't care. I'd actually be delighted - we all know Windows updates will brick and audio system faster than I can finish this sentence.

But, I can't install my audio programs because of a .NET framework isssue.
I need to install the update for .NET framework? OK, I guess.
The update failed to install... "Hmmm... Weird. I'll do some troubleshooting."
So I did that for a couple of days. Failed.

Then I contacted Microsoft. I've been patient. It's been 6 days. First I just chatted with Lvl 1. Then they told me I'd need LVL 2 after 3 days. So, I took off of work for the weekend to get this sorted because I have a paid project coming up and they scheduled to call me. Not once have the calls been on time. Yesterday, they scheduled me for a third call between 2 - 5 PM CST. They called me at 10 PM. What the hell is that? And LOL @ their advanced support. Do you know what $100 for Premium Supports gets you? It gets you Windows 8.1 reinstalled 3 days over the course of 2 day and 14 hours on the phone. And that still doesn't work. It's still going on right now. I called them and they said they'd call back in 15-30 minutes. It's been 76 minutes. I did get a refund for the $100 after telling them how useless their support is since it's for third party issues and my issue is with Windows.

This isn't even a Windows vs. Mac thing or anything like that. For some reason, I legitimately wanted a Windows machine after bein w I like Windows (well, I like Windows 7), and wanted to give it a shot again, but after this I'm done. This is a "Microsoft has the shittiest support in the entire world" thing. Seriously. Facebook has better support than Microsoft. And they don't even have support. Wtf?

The worst part is, I can't do anything other than deal with it. I can't return the computer, because besides the fact that it's been more than 14 days, the douchebags at Microsoft wrecked the manufacturer's setup by installing a blank version of Windows without all the ASUS gaming features. I can't get support from ASUS, because it's a Windows issue. I can't even have an open line of communication with Microsoft to at least vent my frustrations.

TL;DR - I'm supposed to be in the midst of a super enjoyable, creative project right now and I can't even focus because I'm frustrated beyond belief with Microsoft.

Wow! I've been using Windows since version 3.1 and I've never had that level of problem with it. There were some rough years around Win95 and Win98, but damn dude. That's making me glad that I haven't taken the plunge from Win7 to Win8.

Did your computer come with a recovery disk that contains the original install of Win8? Or maybe there's a partition on your hard drive that contains the recovery installer.

Also, is this a laptop or a desktop?

$150 per incident. get your credit card out and they will fix it for you.

For the last year I've had all sorts of issues with Windows updates (Win7) - they don't install correctly, and each time on shut-down or boot, it has to fix itself. Yeah, Microsoft sux.

I have had very little issues since Win7 or 8.1 and very few with XP. But I usually have built my own computers. Based on that I would lean towards hardware manufacturer OS instance. When the hardware manufacturer puts on their version of the OS, well, let's just say, they are not always good at programming. That is usually where the problem ends up.

Most of my systems have a standard MS version, I just update the hardware drivers (MB, network card, etc.) No bloatware or "special" programs. That goes a long way.

the older I get the more I want to burn my windows PC and get a mac pro, there is going to be a turning point possibly this year when microsoft go 110% 'full retard' and force users to go into a subscription based OS, this the beggining of the end for microsoft, they are retards just like Adobe for not listening to actual users and what they want.

the older I get the more I want to burn my windows PC and get a mac pro, there is going to be a turning point possibly this year when microsoft go 110% 'full retard' and force users to go into a subscription based OS, this the beggining of the end for microsoft, they are retards just like Adobe for not listening to actual users and what they want.

If you're serious have a look at the 2009 8 core models.
Anything older is too slow these days and anything newer is still too pricey, for me anyway.

I got the 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Xeon model not long ago for £850.

If you're serious have a look at the 2009 8 core models.
Anything older is too slow these days and anything newer is still too pricey, for me anyway.

I got the 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Xeon model not long ago for £850.

Oh man.:facepalm:

That is brutal, .net can be a pain. Plus there are multiple versions. I can't believe a total reinstall didn't fix the problem. It's almost gotta be a hardware issue, some stupid conflict with drivers or some shit like that.

Back