Dear Fellow Sonar 5 Studio Users...

Synkrotron

I've been running Sonar 5 Studio for 3 months or so now and I'm wondering if I should start to seriously consider purchasing some serious (well... within my tight budget) plugins.

What would you use/recommend?

andy

What direction do you want to go with your music? What will your system support? We need more information in order to give you some valid help.

I use a couple of Voxengo plugs: Elephant and Gliss EQ, and then I use the Sonitus stuff in Sonar alot, those are actually quite good. I've heard good things about the UAD Plugs, but have never used them. I used the Waves stuff a couple of times in a studio, but don't actually own them myself. They seemed pretty sweet, but that was a while back. So for me, it's my Voxengo's and Sonitus Plugs.

The UAD-1 is not a plug,it's a processing card that you can run their plugs on.
It's a bit expensive,but top notch.Also because it does it's own processing,it's kind of like a computer upgrade,freeing up resources for other functions.

What kind of plugs were you looking for?

Have youy tried the freebies?

Jaybee said:
We need more information in order to give you some valid help.

Indeed, you are correct...

I was thinking along the lines of effects for both mixing (adding reverb, delay, chorus, EQ and perhaps a little compression) and mastering (multi-band compression, limiting, normalising, stereo enhancement etc.).

cawhite12 said:
I use a couple of Voxengo plugs

yeah... I was there last night having a look around their site having been sent there in another thread about a frequency analyser. I downloaded the Stereo Touch plugin but couldn't really get to grips with it to be honest. I decided then that going for free plugins may not be a good idea. I notice that Elephant and Gliss EQ are not freebies so I'm assuming that they would be better quality... or am I wide of the mark here? It may be that I just need to experiment with the Stereo Touch plugin a bit more.

and then I use the Sonitus stuff in Sonar alot

I was wondering about the Sonitus stuff... I have been using them of course but with them being bundled with Sonar I was thinking that perhaps they weren't up to much... And what about the Cakewalk effects plugins? are they considered to be any use?

I've heard good things about the UAD Plugs

I've also been looking at the UAD stuff but I'm not sure if the UAD card would be compatible with my REM Hammerfall card... I need to do some more research before I go down this route.

acidrock said:
Also because it does it's own processing,it's kind of like a computer upgrade,freeing up resources for other functions

Yes... I do like the sound of a dedicated chip to carry out the plugin processing.

I'm a little wary of the free plugins... not that I'm producing anything that is worthy of an expensive plugin by say Waves or T-racks... Would you recommend any free plugins in particular

cheers

andy

Back