DAW Users With ADD

Well if it keeps you from the hospital its worth a week of pain.
I went into the hospital 15 days or so...it was touch and go on max. O2 flow, the lungs just not working with COVID.
Around day 9-10 came out of it a bit for unknown reasons to everyone as no one has a clue really and it hits everyone differently the experts said. It shows up differently in the Cat Scan vs X ray than Pneumonia so they can see if its P or Covid.

anyway, 60 days later I got a bill for $213,000, then I got another for $34,000...and will see how the insurance world works. It was all in Network whatever that means. Never been to a hospital in my life and quit smoking cigarettes 10-15 yrs ago. No idea where I caught COVID? could have been a million reasons or touched something?

Ill be getting my shot in May...when my 90 days is up. ... my kid/adults too, if a shot will at least prevent a hospital stay its well worth it.

anyway, 60 days later I got a bill for $213,000, then I got another for $34,000...and will see how the insurance world works. It was all in Network whatever that means. Never been to a hospital in my life and quit smoking cigarettes 10-15 yrs ago. No idea where I caught COVID? could have been a million reasons or touched something?
Sorry to hear about the Covid experience. Both my (adult) kids got it, but luckily for them it was mostly like a long case of the flu. Two weeks, but no hospitalization.

Insurance is a trip. I’m on medicare, and I get notices like “Doctor billed $295. Medicare approved $75. Medicare paid $60. You owe nothing.“ Huh? Where’d the other $235 go? And if he can do the procedure for $60, why is he charging me $295.

Same thing with hospitals - only increase the amounts by a factor of 20,000. 😳

if your insurance is decent this will get reduced by some ridiculous amount, and you might only be responsible for a co-pay. Fingers crossed for you.

I got my second shot yesterday, it really hit me today, worse than the first. Oh well, let's get this over.
I got nothing from either one. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Little bit of a sore arm if I touched it where I got the shot.

Going out to dinner for my daughter’s birthday this weekend. One of the benefits of being vaccinated. :thumbs up:

Dachay,

When I was going in for my cancer surgery, there was a sign "Ask about a 75% discount". So I did. Turns out that if you don't have insurance, and you are going in for a, say $10000 procedure, you can pay $2500 up front and you're done. With the "reasonable and customary" charges, the Insurance rate was adjusted to about a 60% rate. The initial bill was, IIRC, about $35K. Insurance settled up for about $20K or so. My charges were minimal. I didn't even spend enough to claim medical expenses on my taxes! Not that I'm complaining....

After a couple of procedures over the past 15 years, I've come to the conclusion that the medical industry billing model is a fantasy. I think they do it so they can talk about how much they write off as good will. "We provided $20,000,000 of services for indigent care." Translation: We wrote off $20,,000,000 on our tax bill.
-------------------

Just got back from dinner at a local restaurant. 80 degrees with a nice breeze. The outside seating was packed, inside had a good crowd too. Passed quite a few restaurants that were doing the same.

Dachay,

When I was going in for my cancer surgery, there was a sign "Ask about a 75% discount". So I did. Turns out that if you don't have insurance, and you are going in for a, say $10000 procedure, you can pay $2500 up front and you're done. With the "reasonable and customary" charges, the Insurance rate was adjusted to about a 60% rate. The initial bill was, IIRC, about $35K. Insurance settled up for about $20K or so. My charges were minimal. I didn't even spend enough to claim medical expenses on my taxes! Not that I'm complaining....

After a couple of procedures over the past 15 years, I've come to the conclusion that the medical industry billing model is a fantasy. I think they do it so they can talk about how much they write off as good will. "We provided $20,000,000 of services for indigent care." Translation: We wrote off $20,,000,000 on our tax bill.
-------------------
Gotta agree with you. Tax write off is the only thing that makes any sense. It’s like airline seats. Talk to the 3 people in front of you, the three behind you, and the ones to each side, and NO ONE paid the same price. 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Btw, sorry to hear about your cancer. Hope all is well now.)

An old friend told me the same story with his dual knee surgerys...$900,000 bill that turned into $35 co pay? WTF is up with the hospital and insurance world? Its all new to me. Glad everyone got out "ok"....if they had said upfront "this will cost you $213,000..." would you do it or go home with a bottle of Jack Daniels ?

Going out to dinner for my daughter’s birthday this weekend. One of the benefits of being vaccinated. :thumbs up:
So Saturday was almost like a day from the past. Went to my grandson’s Tee ball game in the afternoon. Then drove up to my daughter’s. Hung out there for a little, then out to dinner. Nice little Italian place with an outdoor patio. Beautiful spring day. Dat’s what I’m talking about. :)

Seems I had almost forgotten how nice “normalcy“ could be.

Life is starting to resemble something normal these days.
Another Tee Ball game on Sat. There are a couple of fields at this site, so maybe 100 people there in total. Not a single mask!

i get it was outdoors. And NJ has a comparatively high vaccination rate. But still. Not one? You can’t tell me all those people were vaccinated. (Of course the players were all under 12, so I know they weren’t vaccinated.)

I guess I shouldn’t care. I’m vaccinated, and also wasn’t wearing a mask (in line with CDC guidance :) ).

I'm vaccinated and at this point I don't care about anyone who hasn't got vaccinated yet. IMO they probably aren't going to anyways. It's past the point of being a public responsibility and is now completely a personal one. Life starts now.

What I worry about, even though I’m “protected,” is those who are not vaccinated can still get sick. The more cases there are, the more chances for a virus mutation. And the more mutations, the more likely one of them will be impervious to the vaccine.

So it’s not just personal. Your decision to go unvaccinated potentially effects me. I do everything right, and still get sick because some idiots think they’re injecting microchips into you. 🙄

Last edited:
What I worry about, even though I’m “protected,” is those who are not vaccinated can still get sick. The more cases there are, the more chances for a virus mutation. And the more mutations, the more likely one of them will be impervious to the vaccine.

So it’s not just personal. Your decision to go unvaccinated potentially effects me. I do everything right, and still get sick because some idiots think they’re injecting microchips into you. 🙄
I understand your point, but it's moot as the people you're talking about aren't going to listen and we'll just have to let nature take it's course,

Well you know in 2021 you can't believe doctors, scientists, the media, the government, history, etc, etc, etc. I remember when it was politicians you couldn't trust.

Any time you are even the least bit inconvenienced it's a conspiracy or a government over reach. These people who act like putting on a facemask is like wearing shackles, it's like the princess and the pea.

Other than that, the weather is great, things are looking up.

Other than that, the weather is great, things are looking up.
Hot here! 94 yesterday, 90’s today. Too early for that kind of weather. ☹️

No band last week, and maybe none this week. One guy is in Florida, and one had surgery.

Not really a basketball fan, but NY area finally has something to root for. Knicks and Nets both in playoffs. I might actually watch a Nets-Bucks series if it comes to that. 🏀

The invasion is in full swing. They are singing and swarming. Carcasses all over the driveway. Piles of skeletons under the trees.

Brood X.jpg

Back