DAW Users With ADD

I pulled the plug on our band last night. :eek:

Couldn't decide if they sucked or I sucked (or perhaps we all sucked), but I was growing tired of it. Not truly enjoying myself, so...

Now the question is, how long before I regret this? :confused:

You couldn't just have a hiatus? Luckily as a one man band I rarely ever have issues like that.

I would commence writing a tell all memoir, this would produce enough interest in the band that you guys could ca$h in on a reunion tour.

You couldn't just have a hiatus?

It could turn out to be just that. I told them it was early retirement, but like Jordan, Favre, et al, I might not completely hang up the spikes. For now though, I need to be away from it for a bit. Down the road... who knows.

Btw, if I did a memoir, I'd have to include the goings on at HR.com too. :eek:

The whole Rutgers/Maryland thing hasn't really panned out IMHO.

The Badgers came down ti earth a bit this weekend as was expected. They have a bye and well be playing Ohio state the next week. I'm guessing they'll put up more of a fight than the Scarlet Knights.

Work
I don't know how the company makes money with the amount of idiocy that exists in the office. My best guess is that our competitors are equally incompetent.

I just got a raise and I'm quite sure no other company would pay me this much, so I'm hoping I can ride this out till retirement (9 years).

Guitars
I broke a bridge pin on my 30 year old Fender acoustic, so I ordered a new set. Some people say they affect your tone, we shall find out. I may try a brass set down the road.

LATER!!!!

To an extent every piece of wood, the nut, the pegs, the tuners, the type of bridge, the finish and everything else about a guitar right down to the sticker inside make a difference to the tone of the guitar. In the end though, if it sounded pretty good off the shelf and you play it regularly, it will only get sweeter (as a general rule). Little mods you make along the way (like brass pins or nuts to increase sustain) won't normally make or break the deal. My brother's 60's dove was (and still is) a dream to play and the addition of both (brass nut and pins) made the thing sing! Love that guitar. I think he paid five grand for the thing, though. Don't love that.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations on the raise! Gonna celebrate with some new gear?

Guitars
I broke a bridge pin on my 30 year old Fender acoustic, so I ordered a new set. Some people say they affect your tone, we shall find out. I may try a brass set down the road.
Can't ever recall breaking a bridge pin. I did replace the set on my Taylor, but only for aesthetics. Ebony with Abolone inlay.

Never used brass, but for <$10 why not give it a try?

Hmmmm... Rutgers... Giants...

:( :(

Not only did the Giants play on the road Monday night, they're back on the road at my place this weekend, sucky scheduling.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations on the raise! Gonna celebrate with some new gear?

Nah, it's really a cost of living raise because I haven't gotten one in awhile. Besides, I've got too many dust collectors as it is.

Bridge pins
They came today, but I wont try them till next month. I stole the pins out of my crappy 3/4 size guitar and put a new set on over the weekend.

LATER!!!

Not only did the Giants play on the road Monday night, they're back on the road at my place this weekend, sucky scheduling.

!
While on the subject, any chance you'll take McAdoo back while we're there? :(

What if I threw in Eli, too?

I'd consider giving you a running back as well, but considering how many we have hurt, that probably wouldn't leave any for us. (Although given our ground game, not sure anyone would actually notice.)

While on the subject, any chance you'll take McAdoo back while we're there? :(

What if I threw in Eli, too?

I'd consider giving you a running back as well, but considering how many we have hurt, that probably wouldn't leave any for us. (Although given our ground game, not sure anyone would actually notice.)

You throw in the towel rather quickly.

From what I can tell OBJ is the one you should get rid of, prima donna/cancer.

You throw in the towel rather quickly.

From what I can tell OBJ is the one you should get rid of, prima donna/cancer.
Like most great WRs. :rolleyes:

He is immensely talented and plays with a lot of intensity. You want that in a player, but he doesn't seem to be able to walk the line. Goes a little over it at times. :(

Bottom line, a little better protection from the line might produce some different results for everyone. There's a reason Eli has the most consecutive starts for QBs. He bails out pretty fast.

However, to your original point of throwing in the towel, they've just been painful to watch of late.

If Michigan puts in their 3rd string for the entire second half, we might not make this worse than the Ohio St loss. :eek:
Yeah, so much for that prediction.

Rutgers doesn't belong in the Big 10, and these games are making it obvious. I don't know what's worse, the 136 pts they gave up in the last two games, or the zero pts they've scored. Oh the humanity. &#55357;&#56897;

I would give the Giants a good chance of beating the Packers tonight, their strengths match up against our weaknesses.
The Giants have strengths?? Have you watched them at all? :eek:

Any team in the NFL,can beat any other team in the NFL, but I wouldn't be putting my social security check on the Giants tonight. I'm just hoping they play a competitive game.

Offer still stands. Eli and McAdoo in a packaged deal... say for a couple of guitar jacks? :(

One sorry ass football team.

A real blechh game. Rodgers is not the QB he was a couple of years ago. Our defense is better than our offense.

Eli looked terrible, I'm guessing he's shell shocked.

Eli looked terrible, I'm guessing he's shell shocked.
He's looked that way all year. They couldn't even manage one offensive td against New Orleans. New Orleans!! :eek:

Thry have no running game.. and it was that way BEFORE they lost their #1 and 2 running backs. And Eli hasn't been getting a lot of protection either. Couple all of that with his poor play, and you get what you saw on Sunday.

McAdoo was the guy who was supposed to turn Eli into Rodgers. Ha! :rolleyes:

On another subject, I cut the cord!! Well, sort of.

I had 3 services with my cable co. - tv, phone, and internet. I switched my tv service to Playstation Vue. I had been paying $65 for tv, plus a $6 sports programming surcharge (gimme a break), $9 for one cable box, and $13 for dvr service. So $93 total. Playstation Vue cost me $45, WITHOUT any sports surcharge, and no cable box required. (You do need a device to get it, but I already had a Roku which is one of the devices it works on.)

So I'm saving almost $50 a month. I get pretty much all the same channels. I lost the History channel, but gained the NFL Network, the Big 10 Network (go Rutgers), as well as ESPN-U.

In addition I negotiated a new phone-internet package with the cable co., which lowered my cost by another $5,but also took me from 15mbps service to 100.

Playstation Vue also has a cloud dvr service included in the price.

The interface is a little clunky, but once you're watching something, you really can't tell any difference from cable. I'm only 3 days in, but I'll keep you posted. If you're willing to live with a clunkier interface, I'd highly recommend it. Works on Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and a few other devices. If yiu own one, they have a 7 day free trial available.

Obviously you need a high speed internet connection. They say minimum 10mbps.

Back