DAW Users With ADD

A fairly wide Q centered at about 2K @ -12dB (or just run the fader down until it's no longer annoying)? ;)
If you're serious, all voices have tonal frequencies that pop out on certain notes. You'd have to sweep to find the particular one(s) (sometimes 4 or 5). I know where mine are, but I couldn't tell you specific freqs to help out there...
I was joking... sort of. Little sick of my own voice.

However, the fader at about -75 db seemed to work. :)

Track gremlins came to my house again last night. Recorded an amazing piano line last night and got up this morning to add drums and/or bass and there's a couple bad notes, some timing issues, etc...Re-track again and hope those little guys don't come around. :(

Track gremlins came to my house again last night. Recorded an amazing piano line last night and got up this morning to add drums and/or bass and there's a couple bad notes, some timing issues, etc...Re-track again and hope those little guys don't come around. :(
Was there any alcohol or medical marijuana involved? They seem to draw dem suckers out.

No, I don't do either. Just fatigue from a long day...Church from 9:30 to 11:30, work from 1-10pm. Not the time to try playing your best. I should know better. :)

No, I don't do either. Just fatigue from a long day...Church from 9:30 to 11:30, work from 1-10pm. Not the time to try playing your best. I should know better. :)
I don't remember any being involved in my sessions either.

Not that they weren't. I just don't remember. :confused:

...and the infamous Learning To Fly incident. Didn't work out so well for that guy.

TWO DAYS IN A ROW:
Finally got some days together. Hopefully I can get that piano line encompassed with some bass/guitar/drums/strings/vocals!!! Been getting Saturday and one other day off every week. My wife's got normal weekends, so I spend Saturday doing things with her, which means my other day off gets house/yard work and my poor studio gets ignored (FTMP). Looking forward to the next couple days. Still gotta mow the yard and rake the leaves and clear the cut down limbs and dishes and sweeping and bathrooms...yeeeesh! :( Maybe I'll have time to start my DAW???

MY JOB IS FUNNY
I laugh every day at work. Sometimes I think it's to keep from crying, but I do. :) SOMETHING will pop up that just strikes me as hilarious, but strangely, I can never remember anything about work as soon as I walk out the doors. :D Yesterday, I was talking to a new dude on break. We were talking about music and I told him about the studio and the years of musicianship and all the gigs I've played and etc. He pops up with, "Oh, I'm a musician, too. I play clarinet." :laughings: Dunno. Maybe he's the world's greatest clarinet player. I asked him if he knew the difference between a trampoline and a clarinet...

Having a plan
I think it's a good idea to have a plan if you do something. If you start something, you should have some kind of idea of how you're going to finish it.

Starting something and letting someone else figure out how to finish it is not really a "plan".

Having a plan
I think it's a good idea to have a plan if you do something. If you start something, you should have some kind of idea of how you're going to finish it.

Starting something and letting someone else figure out how to finish it is not really a "plan".
My plan is usually figuring out how to get out of whatever it is I'm doing.

My plan was to spend two days getting a song put together. The vocals ain't perfect, but I never expect them to be the first time through.
I'll leave the raw mix here. I'll get it up with the mastered version in the clinic later.

I was a bit proud of a few things on this one. Good piano, organ, guitar and bass all playing well together. Hope my first pick slide isn't a total embarrassment.

My plan was to spend two days getting a song put together. The vocals ain't perfect, but I never expect them to be the first time through.
I'll leave the raw mix here. I'll get it up with the mastered version in the clinic later.

I'm listening on an iPad, so discount anything i say. :)

Seems like a good balance. The piano dominates a little - which isn't necessarily a bad thing - but
I don't hear any guitar. Vocals are the weak spot as you noted. Some of it seems out of the singers range (high end).

I'll listen again on my studio system next time I'm down there. I can give you more constructive feedback then. Generally seems like a good mix.

Good. Piano is supposed to be forefront and guitars are just filler. That poor vocalist is me. I'll get the notes. Just need a better day. Those are about a step and a half below my apex...I just practiced it long enough to lose good control. Law of diminishing returns or what not. :(

At least you didn't bash my pick slide :)

I listened on my small Rolands that are connected to my computer and it sounds pretty good. The vocals would be the weakest point, but as home recorders, we wear all the hats.If I have some spare time I'll listen to it on better speakers.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys! I've been playing piano since I was 4. What I noticed as I put this piece together was my skills have seriously diminished in the last few years. I'm playing drums at Church, and most of my music is guitar based. My poor piano is getting a bit neglected while I've been trying to get some reasonable guitar skills over the last 8 years. Wearing all the hats makes a few of them get dusty! :D
Almost makes me miss being in a band and having to deal with drummers...the good ones are usually egomaniacs and the bad ones are usually egomaniacs...:)
Then again, I've known a lot of vocalists and lead guitarists that fit that bill. Bassists, too, but not so much. They're usually the laid back ones. (I was a bassist :laughings:)
In my heyday, I played with exactly ONE band that had no members with big egos and all the members had big talent...and they never went anywhere. Unfortunately, those egos seem to help.

Wish I could help with the football banter, but I've never been a fan of any professional sport (well, drag racing, but only as a spectator)...

I pulled the plug on our band last night. :eek:

Couldn't decide if they sucked or I sucked (or perhaps we all sucked), but I was growing tired of it. Not truly enjoying myself, so...

Now the question is, how long before I regret this? :confused:

Back