DAW Users With ADD

There's no tax on a tax return (unless you're talking about a state return). Basically they are just giving you back the money you overpaid during the year. You already paid tax on the earnings, and apparently you paid too much. So they are refunding the difference.

I not sure if it was a state refund,stimulus check or rebate of some kind,but I know I've been taxed on money that was returned to me at one point.

Tax - Don't get me started We have elections coming up in May and all the parties are stressing how much they are going to charge in additional taxes to pay for the banking bail-out. Seems I am going to be a prime target because I'm classified as a "high earner" - whatever that means.
I'm definitely not a "high earner",but I have used my earnings to get high.;)

You're just focusing on income taxes,that's pretty straight up.What most people don't consider are the various taxes and fees every time we make a purchase or pay a bill.Even low earners aren't exempt from that.

I figure the average guy works about a third of his life or more for the government after you add it all up.That's why I don't like working for the bank.

Bad backs
It's got to be from sitting in a chair all day.:rolleyes:
wussies

The weather
It's fabulous!

LATER!!!

I just picked up a new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. So I thought I would test it out.

Here you go... just in case you were harboring some thoughts that I was always as bald as I am now. :)

Attachments

• Florida 1971.jpg
    Florida 1971.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 21
Working for the local council used to be what you did if you couldn't get a better paid job in the private sector. Seems our local and national taxes are being spent better now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8598008.stm

FYI, £100k GBP = US$150k.

The older I get I understand less and less.

A friend of my wife's husband has his own tree surgery company. He did some work for the local council lopping some willow trees in the centre of town. He turned up with his assistant. Four men from the council turned up; a contracts supervisor, two highways dept officials and a health and safety supervisor. And they stood there for four hours watching watching him and his assistant work.

:mad:

Even I could do that :D

A friend of my wife's husband has his own tree surgery company. He did some work for the local council lopping some willow trees in the centre of town. He turned up with his assistant. Four men from the council turned up; a contracts supervisor, two highways dept officials and a health and safety supervisor. And they stood there for four hours watching watching him and his assistant work.

Almost every day in the local newspaper they have an article about government waste and fraud,yet in the editorial section they always advocate raising taxes and increasing government's role in our lives.I wonder if they read their own paper?:confused::rolleyes:

I have a brother and four cousins working for the government,it's steady guaranteed work.I worked six months for the school system,but I had neither the patience,attitude or foresight to stick with it.It's more about politics and waiting your turn than actual performance.

Beautiful day
Yes it is,

LATER!!!

Morning boys
Well I made it through another week.:)It's April too!
Where did March go?Not that I was looking for it or anything.

It was 79 over the harbor at 6:30 yesterday,the Brewers had the roof open,I had to check my calender to make sure it wasn't July.It's back to normal next week,but that's not so bad either.

Later!!!

Answering questions
It must be easier to post a thread and let someone do the research rather than actually read the manual yourself.:rolleyes:

Answering questions
It must be easier to post a thread and let someone do the research rather than actually read the manual yourself.:rolleyes:

That's certainly the case with my son. Now that he has his own place, he frequently asks me to come over and help him out with various house "projects." I don't mind doing this, thinking I am "teaching him how to fish." Passing down wisdom from father to son.

Only I find that when I get there, his plan was to just watch me do the fishing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

So Paul and Acidrock are sitting around talking one afternoon over a cold beer after getting off work.

After a while the Paul says to Guy, "If I was to sneak over to your house Saturday & make love to your wife while you was off huntin' and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?"

Acidrock crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question.

Finally, he says, "Well, I don't know about kin, but it would make us even."

:D :D :D :D :D :D

--

So Paul and Acidrock are sitting around talking one afternoon over a cold beer after getting off work.

After a while the Paul says to Guy, "If I was to sneak over to your house Saturday & make love to your wife while you was off huntin' and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?"

Acidrock crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, and squinted his eyes thinking real hard about the question.

Finally, he says, "Well, I don't know about kin, but it would make us even."

:D :D :D :D :D :D

--

Well, I'm defo up for trying:eek:

:laughings:

Guy's garden report
Well,I may be cutting the grass for the first time this weekend,it's only long on certain areas.All kinds of sprouts and buds just waiting for the next warm spell to burst open.
We hit 80 last week,but of course it was snowing today.:rolleyes:That's typical Wisconsin weather.

Work
Fairly steady,still there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom when I talk to customers.Better days ahead.

Only I find that when I get there, his plan was to just watch me do the fishing.
This is how my wife was about the computer until I laid down the law.I keep telling her this computer thing isn't a fad.:rolleyes:

LATER!

Nothing to report here boys. Busy with work; in Switzerland next week for management meetings and eating in swanky restaurants (you'd all hate it :p). Economy is picking up; two good months of pick-up now and May is promising to be the best month ever for orders.:)

We have elections over here early May so watching the news is more painful than it usually is. Lots of blah blah as usual. I seem to have woken up in a parallel universe where because I am well paid, employed and "comfortable" suddenly all the politicians want to give me a tax hike.:mad:

Time to go on vacation say I; latest plan is Jamaica in June for two weeks so I can go pay my respects to Bob Marley:cool:

Keep it hot guys :D If not, keep yer hand on it! :laughings:

Time to go on vacation say I; latest plan is Jamaica in June for two weeks so I can go pay my respects to Bob Marley:cool:
I suspect you're just going for the ganja, mon. :cool:

I bought new car yesterday. Thought I'd do my bit for the economy - even though it'll probably be doing more for the Japanese economy. ;)

I don't pick it up for another two weeks, and I'm trying to sell my current one in the meantime. Of course, this morning the check engine light came on. Don't know what the problem is, and there's someone coming to look at it in a half-hour. This should be interesting. I need Paul to come over and convince the guy that the check engine light is a good thing. Hey, at least you know for sure the bulb is working. :D

I suspect you're just going for the ganja, mon. :cool:

I bought new car yesterday. Thought I'd do my bit for the economy - even though it'll probably be doing more for the Japanese economy. ;)

I don't pick it up for another two weeks, and I'm trying to sell my current one in the meantime. Of course, this morning the check engine light came on. Don't know what the problem is, and there's someone coming to look at it in a half-hour. This should be interesting. I need Paul to come over and convince the guy that the check engine light is a good thing. Hey, at least you know for sure the bulb is working. :D

You're learning!:laughings:

Back