DAW Users With ADD

It's only the exception that proves the rule!!

I'm telling you, buy Japanese. Not only will you get a car that has nothing at all wrong with it, but you'll be able to sell it in 5 years for better than half of what you paid for it. :cool:

Try that with a Buick.

I totally agree with you - American cars are the worst I ever get to drive. Worst design, worst technically, worst ride and worst interiors:eek:

But great big engines:D

I totally agree with you - American cars are the worst I ever get to drive. Worst design, worst technically, worst ride and worst interiors:eek:

I'm not too sure, as a Brit, that you should be knocking American cars. :D

I guess I'd put the English ahead of the French... but barely. :p

I don't know,I'd rather buy a house,I can't live in a Bentley.

Plus the steering wheels are on the wrong side.

Actually, they are on the "right" side;)
And depending on which way you face the car, obviously:rolleyes:

In the UK, you would struggle to buy a house for the price of a Bentley:eek: Or al least the cheaper ones.:( Bentleys, that is. The point I was making here is that there are no British mass production car manufacturers anymore. But we have plenty of car plants.:)

House Prices Ten years ago, the average house could be bought for 5 times average salary. Today, it is 10 times the average salary.

However, it's on the way back down again, so who knows :confused:
When we got married and bought our house, it was 3 times salary, so much easier.

The point I was making here is that there are no British mass production car manufacturers anymore. But we have plenty of car plants.:)

Which is also the point I was making.

However, I fear we Yanks will not be far behind you. When you build a second class car, eventually people stop buying them. When people stop buying them, eventually you stop making them (or wholesale them to the car rental companies). :)

Interesting comment on house prices. I bought my first house in late 1976 for $38,000. I can't remember exactly what I was making then - but I'm guessing around $12,000. So my first one was roughly 3 times my annual pay. (And I was STILL scared to sign the papers.)

It's a good time to be buying a house right now,tough time for selling though.
I'd have to say my house is more than three times my income,but if you count my wife's pay,it's a whole different ballgame.Being in the business I am,I can tell you I meet a lot of people who are in over their heads and are slaves to their homes.Houses are the bling of the middle class.

Every body needs garage doors though,and that makes me happy.:D

LATER!!!!

It's a good time to be buying a house right now,tough time for selling though.
I'd have to say my house is more than three times my income,but if you count my wife's pay,it's a whole different ballgame.Being in the business I am,I can tell you I meet a lot of people who are in over their heads and are slaves to their homes.Houses are the bling of the middle class.

Every body needs garage doors though,and that makes me happy.:D

LATER!!!!

Many houses in the town close to where I live have no garages at all and they park in the street - so no garages, no garage doors:eek:

These houses were built around the turn of the last century for the workers of the town and are basically two up two down terraced houses (two reception rooms d/stairs and two bedrooms upstairs) These sell for $250 - $300k and are the cheapest you can buy and therefore very popular with first time buyers. A new school teachers salary is approx $50k -$60k and a retail shop workers approx $30 - $40k. So you can see the problem straight away - buying a house is a very difficult proposition for them.:confused:

The average age of a first time buyer in the south of England is 34years of age, which explains why so many kids are still living with Mom and Dad well into their late thirties and even forties.:eek:

Without financial support from wifey and me, my two kids would be still living at home too:eek:

It will be interesting to see where this credit crunch lands in terms of house demand and pricing.;)

Oh, and it's Friday!!!

:)

Milwaukee's 10 rainiest months

June 2008 - 12.27 inches
June 1917 - 10.03 inches
June 1997 - 9.98 inches
Sept. 1941 - 9.87 inches
May 1933 - 9.56 inches
Sept. 1961 - 9.41 inches
Aug. 1987 - 9.05 inches
Aug. 1986 - 8.82 inches
Sept. 1872 - 8.72 inches
Nov. 1934 00 8.56 inches
Source: National Weather Service

OTOH,tomorrow is July.

We're having company Friday.We live right off the parade route and close to the park where they shoot the fireworks off so every year people invite themselves over.:rolleyes:And if one comes,they all do.:eek:

Jamfest in two weeks.:cool:I guess I'll take on the burden of being the "cool guy" of this thread.:pWhich aint sayin' much btw"

LATER!!!

Many houses in the town close to where I live have no garages at all and they park in the street - so no garages, no garage doors:eek:

Most of the new homes I do have a two car door and a single car door,More often than not it's also an 8' high door too,tall enough for most trucks and SUVs.Motors too,gotta have those.A lot of houses have a back door to run the riding mower out into the backyard.Tri-levels may have a door on the lower level in a utility room.

Awhile back I was changing the doors at a high school auto shop and the teacher told a student to open the door.The student went over to the door and looked around for a bit.Finally he asked the teacher "where's the button?".
The teacher told him you have to pick it up by hand.The student looked perplexed and didn't know if the teacher was telling the truth or not.As it turns out he had never heard of opening a garage door by any other way than pushing a button.:D

June 2008 - 12.27 inches
June 1917 - 10.03 inches
June 1997 - 9.98 inches
Sept. 1941 - 9.87 inches
May 1933 - 9.56 inches
Sept. 1961 - 9.41 inches
Aug. 1987 - 9.05 inches
Aug. 1986 - 8.82 inches
Sept. 1872 - 8.72 inches
Nov. 1934 00 8.56 inches

Wow, those numbers sound alot like the "measuring" contests we used to have when we were younger. ;)

I don't want to brag... but I would have been one of the Junes. :cool:

I'm actually invited to two parties this weekend, and one the following week. That's like my entire 2008 social life compressed into two weeks. :o

Most of the new homes I do have a two car door and a single car door,More often than not it's also an 8' high door too,tall enough for most trucks and SUVs.Motors too,gotta have those.A lot of houses have a back door to run the riding mower out into the backyard.Tri-levels may have a door on the lower level in a utility room.

Awhile back I was changing the doors at a high school auto shop and the teacher told a student to open the door.The student went over to the door and looked around for a bit.Finally he asked the teacher "where's the button?".
The teacher told him you have to pick it up by hand.The student looked perplexed and didn't know if the teacher was telling the truth or not.As it turns out he had never heard of opening a garage door by any other way than pushing a button.:D

Two years ago, I was out on my bike in the local countryside and had an accident and came off, smashing my face and head. Luckily, a car stopped and called an ambulance. I insisted that they put my bike in the ambulance and drop it off at my home which was en route to the Hospital. When we got home, I was still half unconscious so they wanted to know how they got the garage doors to open. Apparently, I sat bolt upright in the ambulance, reached into my jacket pocket, pulled out a transmitter and pressed the button to raise the door to #1 garage remotely. And then passed out again. :)

We have a three door garage whiich is very rare in the UK. Apparently.:)

One taxi driver who bought me home once remarked as we pulled up outside the house that my garage was larger than his house.:o

Of course, being England, this is not unusual ;)

Off to Germany tomorrow boyz for two days of finance, finance and finance:(

But a bloody good dinner and piss up tomorrow evening;)

Have fun:D

See you later:cool:

Two years ago, I was out on my bike in the local countryside and had an accident and came off, smashing my face and head.

Hitting the sauce before you take a bike trip is not a good idea Paul.Was it the injuries or the alcohol the caused you to pass out?

Two more days,I still haven't bought any of my own fireworks yet,I'm hoping my boss sends me on a job by a fireworks store so I don't have to make a special trip.

LATER!!!!

Thank God for that. I think that hot dogs are the worst piece of s**t food in the whole wide world.:eek:

At least in one place in the USA there is somewhere that offers a superior level of cuisine:cool:

I LOVE sausages - one of my all time favourite food. Along with cheese.

I reckon I lived in Milwaukee in a previous life ;)

And I supopose you will all be sciving off work tomorrow on some weak pretext or other? Those of you that work that is. :eek:

:-)

And I supopose you will all be sciving off work tomorrow on some weak pretext or other? Those of you that work that is. :eek:

:-)
Well I for one will be working a good part of the day making sure the guests are having a good time.My wife is working Saturday and Sunday to get in customers who can't get in due to the holiday and the fact her shop is shutting down for a week to do remodeling.

Today we'll have bratwurst,hamburgers and chicken breasts along with the usual assortment of salads,salty snacks and deserts.We have five different bottled beers,soda and bottled water.If you want something else,bring it yourself.
Parade at noon,ice cream,crackerjack and various youth performances in the park at 1:30 then back to my house for food and drink till nightfall.After that it's back to the park for fireworks followed by a mini display in my parking spot with $40 worth of fireworks I picked up yesterday.

All in all a pretty decent day.:cool:

Sausage
Very much a part of the Wisconsin lifestlye.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=20659&d=1125362579

Hot dogs
Otherwise known as "training sausage".

LATER!!!!

I just want to make sure that those of you who only post in this thread don't miss out on some important information.

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND JAMFEST KENTUCKY, 2008, JULY 11, 12, & 13. EAT FOOD, DRINK BEER, INGEST ILLEGAL NARCOTIC SUBSTANCES, AND MAYBE PLAY MUSIC TOO.

DON'T FORGET TO ORDER YOUR TIE-DYED, SILK SCREENED T-SHIRTS EARLY - THEY MIGHT GO FAST!!!!!!

jamshirt.jpg

I know these easy songs:

Country Roads – John Denver (G)

Please Come To Boston (E)

Drift Away - Dobie Gray ("Gimme' the beat boys, and free my soul, I wanna' get lost in your rock and roll and drift away....") (C)

Brown Eyed Girl – (G)

Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffet (D)

Come Monday – Jimmy Buffet (A) capo fret 2 – play out of G

Jack & Diane – John Mellencamp (A)

Pink Houses – John Mellencamp (G)

Small Town – John Mellencamp – A- Capo 2 – Play outta G

Have you ever seen the rain – CCR (G)

Lodi – CCR – (G)

Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton (G)

Songs About Texas – Pat Green (A)

Wave on Wave – Pat Green (D)

Peaceful, Easy, Feelin – Eagles (E)

7 Bridges Road – Eagles – B – Capo fret 2 – play out of A

For What Its Worth – Buffalo Springfield (E)

Feel Like Makin’ Love – Bad Company (D)

Aimee – Pure Prairie League (A)

Blister In The Sun – Violent Femmes (G)

Amanda – Waylon Jennings (Bb) Capo 3 – Play out of G

I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Nash (G)

Sweet Home Alabama

It Ain’t Easy Bein Me – Chris Knight

You May Be Right – Billy Joel (A)

Jenny (867-5309) – Tommy Tutone ( you have the intro and solo) whatever we used to do it in

Take the money and run – Steve Miller Band – (G)

The Joker – Steve Miller Band( E) – Capo 2 – play outta D

Mrs. Robinson – Simon and Garfunkel -( F#)

My Home Town – Charlie Robison – (G)

The One I Love – REM – The way we used to do it (you got the solo)

Teach – Crosby Stills Nash Young . . . (D)

Wow:eek: Hello Chris, long time no post;). At last a real musician coming here to post:cool: Makes a change from the usual drivel posted here (myself excepted of course:rolleyes:)

Still got two of your songs on my mp3 play list:)

The space shuttle disaster song and the Christmas as a child song;)

:)

Back