Dark Horses

Simman

Been a while since I posted here and thought I'd put this up. Didn't track the song only mixed. Appreciate your comments and recommendations.

Thanks

The lead guitar could come up in the mix a little, but ducked behind the vocal when it comes back in. Other than that, it's all good to me!

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with you the mix is pretty static and could definitely use some automation. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.

Thanks

I thought it sounded excellent. The recording is exceptional, especially of the acoustic guitar. But I also like the sound of the bass. it has a tight meatiness that I love. For my taste I would like a very, very slightly wetter snare and vocal, but I'm not that familiar with this genre of music. Great stuff.

Thanks I appreciate your comments. The vocal is a bit dry but I hadn't hit on the right mix of reverb and delay. Diffinately need a bit more work. Drum recording was actually not that great and in fact has some phase issues especially with the room mic.

Still working on it but thanks again for the input

Take two. Added a bit more effects on the snare and some volume automation. Feedback apprciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Dark Horses TK2.mp3
    8.1 MB · Views: 6
Is this a cover? It seems familiar. Googling the name just brings up Katy Perry...

Very nice recording. Nice tones all around.

Thanks for listening. The tracks were posted on another mix forum. The artist is The Long Wait.

Back