Damage Plan - Demonizer!

SMC Productions

I just got this 'preamp' in yesterday, and tonight was the first time I really got to use it in the studio!
This thing is FUCKING AMAZING!

It uses two 12AX7 tubes (and NOT at starving plate, but 250v!), has an opto compressor, pre, and post EQ, DI, etc.

It is NOT exactly cheap, but worth at least twice what I paid! I have NEVER heard anything like it....and NO, I have NO connection with these guys at all. Wish, I did!

Check it out here - http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/dmz.htm

Attachments

• dmzbottom_r1_c1.jpg
    dmzbottom_r1_c1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 138
This has nothing to do with "Damage Plan". The company is "Damage Control" and its run by a couple of ex-Line6 employees.

We actually sell this line in my store and I doubt their claims about the tubes. Ive demoed the things and they never seem to get warm. There are cheezy lights behind the tubes to make them glow a-la Behringer.

Hard2Hear said:
This has nothing to do with "Damage Plan". The company is "Damage Control" and its run by a couple of ex-Line6 employees.

We actually sell this line in my store and I doubt their claims about the tubes. Ive demoed the things and they never seem to get warm. There are cheezy lights behind the tubes to make them glow a-la Behringer.

Sorry, that was a typo....
BTW, my unit get HOT!

I listened to the mp3 files on their website...
It sounds like I would expect 2 12ax7's going direct to sound.

Brittle... no character or warmth.... :rolleyes:

I'm glad you think it sounds better in actual usage. These toys usually don't.

Yikes!!!!!!!! :eek:
These things even got lame reviews on Harmony Central! And they love everything!

For $300, you were over 1/2 to a Mesa preamp or something real.....

Oh well, beauty is in the ear of the beholder..... ;)

Back