Cycling... Anyone here into it?

Yesterday I headed out to Tynehead again. Been a while since I did that.
On the way I noticed numerous clusters of "Bird" ebikes for hire in and around many entrances to greenways and other street locations...

Lovely day, great weather and excellent temps...

Another shot, just in case it looked like a one off. There were many many more...

My Spidey senses made me think there was a gas pipe somewhere near. FIIK why...

Water...

And back home.

After a couple of weeks off due to weddings and other carp it was time to do another Tour de Delta...

I dunno why, but I like this view...

Rip tides in the river...

Pic stop at Deas Island Park...

View from a pedestrian/cycling overpass looking North/West over hwy 99...

Air show near Boundary Bay...

Corn on the rise...

40k into a 50k ride and time for water and Nuun tabs...

Just made it...

Time to go home...

Here's yesterday's ride...

A ride of 27km.
Somehow I gravitated towards Watershed Park, and entered the uppermost trail.

Parts of the trail were a bit "hairy" with roots and rocks. A pedal strike almost put me into the bushes, but thankfully a quick dab allowed recovery...

I hadn't seen this structure before, or at least I don't remember it...

Then I dropped onto the greenway heading North...

Pretty rare to see a city truck on this path...

One of these things is not like the other...

Yes, the Honda CRF will climb trees 🤟

My pain tolerance isn’t what it used to be and dead center of the taint is where a lot of the pressure rests. Going to shop Amazon to choose then maybe buy it at my local ma and pa bike shop. I try to support locals when I can.

Going to shop Amazon to choose then maybe buy it at my local ma and pa bike shop. I try to support locals when I can.
Except that yesterday was Prime Day so had to buy a discounted seat on Amazon. My scrutiny will thank me. I still want to get a helmet and a mountable pump so J-Town bikes will get that sale.

Having put many many hundreds of miles on my road bike, I can say that extravagantly padded saddles make saddle soreness worse. A good saddle supports your sit bones and otherwise gets out of the way.

Also, if your wrists are hurting its likely either a bike fit issue or a core strength issue. You shouldn't be propping yourself up the bars. Just keeping a light touch to steer and brake.

Back